cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removed Judgment?

tag
jasonx24

Removed Judgment?

So I was able to get experian to remove a judgment from my report by calling the 800 # and stating the balance was wrong.  It only took 3 days.  I have the letter from them stating they deleted it.  My question is, can I use said letter to have trans and eq remove the same judgment?  Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Removed Judgment?

@jasonx24 wrote:

So I was able to get experian to remove a judgment from my report by calling the 800 # and stating the balance was wrong.  It only took 3 days.  I have the letter from them stating they deleted it.  My question is, can I use said letter to have trans and eq remove the same judgment?  Thanks in advance.

No need to do that. They should be providing them to the other CRAs. When I disputed my collections, the collection agencies sent me a letter of deletion and forwarded a copy to the3 CRAs as well. I don't believe you have to do anything else. They didn't drop off from my report at the same time, though.  EX first, then TU and EQ last in a period of 2-3 mos to completely. disappear.

Have a tax lien that was released in 2013 and EX also deleted it. Been trying to get it deleted from TU and EQ but no luck so far. 

Message 2 of 6
oogy
Contributor

Is the letter from the CA or Exp?

Starting over from scratch again February 28, 2023.
I have not used a single credit account since circumstances decimated my credit in '19&'20 and now have no open accounts on my report.
Message 3 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If the judgement is still posted in the public record, then the other CRAs can continue to include it in their credit reports.

An incorrect balance can simply be corrected, and is not basis for negating the fact that the judgment is in the public record.

The deletion by one CRA was voluntary on their part, and not due to vacature of the judgment from the public record.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@oogy wrote:

Is the letter from the CA or Exp?

The letter(s) were actually from several colleciton agencies but they also sent the deletion to all the CRAs. I paid them all off and requested removal. In your case, like Robert is saying, it'sl still technically your debt, just wrong entry. Removal from your credit report will be totally in the discretion of the bureau. Perhaps Experian does this, because it's the same thing they did to my tax lien. I think tax liens that has been  released will stay on your report for 7 years. Mine was reported in 2013, and Exprian deleted it from my report in April 2016 when I requested removal even though they did no have to. TU and EQ will not remove them. 

In any case, it's worth a try sending a request to TU and EQ. All they have to do is say NO. And you can try again in a few months. 

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jasonx24 wrote:

Just because EX removed it doesn't mean the other 2 will. As pointed out, contact the other 2 the way you did EX. Sending the other 2 Experians proof of deletion won't help.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.