cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removed Late payments not improving my score.

tag
eddymvp
Frequent Contributor

Removed Late payments not improving my score.

I had about 55 late payments in January, 2008 posting back from 2005-2006. I filled a dispute for some of them and now i'm left with 16 late payment. I've already filled a dispute to remove those so when the other 40 payments went away I did not see any increase in my score. Do i need to have them all remove for me to see the increase?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Removed Late payments not improving my score.

eddymvp wrote:
I had about 55 late payments in January, 2008 posting back from 2005-2006. I filled a dispute for some of them and now i'm left with 16 late payment. I've already filled a dispute to remove those so when the other 40 payments went away I did not see any increase in my score. Do i need to have them all remove for me to see the increase?

late payments stop hurting as they age (2years)  The CRAs will not delete them unless told to by the creditor.

You need to write GW letters!!   because the lates were old you will not see any increase!
Message 2 of 4
eddymvp
Frequent Contributor

I read somewhere in this forum that late payment will stay there for 7 years.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

all baddies will stay 7 years unless you can get the furnisher to deleted them.  Late pays hurt less after 2 years until they don't matter.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.