Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removed myself as Authorized user months ago

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Removed myself as Authorized user months ago

I removed myself as an authorized users about three months ago but the balances are still showing up on my credit report....why is that?

By account holder it shows "Acccount Relationship Terminated" but it's showing up on my account balances?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Removed myself as Authorized user months ago

@Anonymous wrote:

I removed myself as an authorized users about three months ago but the balances are still showing up on my credit report....why is that?

By account holder it shows "Acccount Relationship Terminated" but it's showing up on my account balances?

This is a new one for me.  What kind of account was it, and who is the creditor?  And are the balance and CR still being factored into your utilization?

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

The balances are with a few different credit cards. Citi, HSBC etc..

When I click on "Understand your score" all of the accounts are being calculated intot he score. Additionally, my credit should have shot up as aside for those balances taht were not even on my cards, my credit is spotless...

Message 3 of 8
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

The balances are with a few different credit cards. Citi, HSBC etc..

When I click on "Understand your score" all of the accounts are being calculated intot he score. Additionally, my credit should have shot up as aside for those balances taht were not even on my cards, my credit is spotless...

You're saying that this "account relationship terminated" designation is appearing on multiple accounts, from which you removed yourself as an authorized user?  This strikes me as unusual, but I just found a reference to the various codes that can be attached to an account, and the "terminated" option does appear for TU and EQ.

http://www.informativeresearch.com/Service/ECOA_Tables.html

Anyways, since these are not your accounts, then it would be reasonable to dispute these as not being yours.

Just to be clear, you were definitely an AU, not a joint account owner who gave up ownership, correct?

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was definitly an AU, I have access to my older reports as well and it says in an older report "Account holder:  Authorized Account"

So, where do I dispute this? To TU?

Message 5 of 8
bicknar
Regular Contributor

I just recently had myself removed as an AU.  I did not have the message you did, but 2 of the 3 were still reporting it.  I did online disputes as not mine and they were both removed within days.  Good luck.

Starting Score: 556
Current Score: 672
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Who do I dispute it to? Transunion?

Message 7 of 8
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Who do I dispute it to? Transunion?

Whatever CRA is still listing it.

From a BK years ago to:
9/09 EX pulled by lender 802
3/10 EQ- 800
6/10 TU -772

You can do the same thing with hard work

Credit Scoring 101
Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads
Whats In Your FICO Score

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.