Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing inquiries because of "can't verify your info"

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Removing inquiries because of "can't verify your info"

Hello everyone! So here's the thing.

I don't have SSN, only ITIN. I've learned and managed to get some CCs and Store CCs without problem, but there's one thing.

Some lenders deny my application because they "couldn't verify my information". This mean that they aren't able to pull my credit history/score right? The problem is that this application still performs a HP, so I'm wondering of a way to delete this inquiries from my report.

I'm also thinking on doing a post for people with no SSN but ITIN, to help in which banks give cards to people with no SSN.

Thanks for your help!

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Removing inquiries because of "can't verify your info"

Following.

Message 2 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If you apply for credit, that gives the creditor permissible purpose to pull your credit report.

If they then deny the credit, that is a separate issue, and is not basis for removal of the fact that the CRA provided your credit report to a creditor.  

If a creditor denies your application for credit, you can send a copy of the denial letter to the CRA and obtain a free copy of your credit report, provided you send your request within 60 days of their denial letter.

However, you cannot remove the legal fact from your file that the CRA provided your credit information to another.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have removed at least seven HP from my CR. I write to the investigating party and just state that I did not authorize your inquiry. Most quickly remove the HP.  Some might take two to three letters and a phone call. The myth of HP when purchasing a car as counting as only one is just that a myth. Mine dropped a lot of points and went up several points for each HP I had removed.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is not that they denied my application for low score of something, they denied because they can't "verify" my info, although they DID perform a check, that's why.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.