Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing items that were ordered by judge for ex to pay

tag
chrissy122g
Valued Member

Removing items that were ordered by judge for ex to pay

one more question.....I have another account on my report that is still being reported ....in my divorce agreed and signed by all parties (including the judge) my Ex is solely responsible...the acct in only in my name but he misses payments here and there....I am sending them a request for a legal binding release of obligation along with copies of all the divorce papers....does anuone know anything else that could help?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
sl
Established Contributor

Re: Removing items that were ordered by judge for ex to pay

Please correct me if I am wrong.  I am under the impression that even you the judge states the spouse is responsible for paying the debt in the divorce, if he misses a payment, you are still responsible for paying the bill and it can hurt your credit as well.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

The only way you can keep the ex's baddies off your report on joint accounts is for the ex to close/pay off/ refi the accounts before he/she starts screwing them up. No matter what a judge decrees - joint accounts remain joint resposibility. Lots of people- including me - have had the same unfortunate experience. You can try to GW the accounts!
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

chrissy122g wrote:
one more question.....I have another account on my report that is still being reported ....in my divorce agreed and signed by all parties (including the judge) my Ex is solely responsible...the acct in only in my name but he misses payments here and there....I am sending them a request for a legal binding release of obligation along with copies of all the divorce papers....does anuone know anything else that could help?

Welcome to my world...DH's ex per divorce decree was to assume financial responsibility of a veh that was repo'd 3 months after divorce was finanlized.  Wellllll...the power of attorney to switch the veh into her name and remove DH's was never signed.  3 years later we're praying that we don't get sued over the debt.

The divorce decree and order to assume responsibility isn't worth the paper it's written on if you don't follow through with what the court orders.  It specifically states that the respondant (DH) was to sign the POA...she would never meet with him to get it done.  I think she completely planned on letting the truck get repo'd knowing DH would be responsible for it.  Divorce was final in April 04 and truck repo'd in July 04...she was probably already delinquent on payments when divorce was finalized.

Ugh...if we didn't have children involved she would be gettin the butt wuppin she deserves. 

So basically read your divorce decree again..find out if the court ordered any POA's and if that was completed you could be ok....if not ~ sorry Smiley Sad

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.