cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report Card Lost = 30 Point Drop

Wavester64
Valued Contributor

Report Card Lost = 30 Point Drop

So to make a long story short - had some small unknown charges (pending) on my BBVA Clearpoints CC.

Reached out to BBVA, their CSR recommended that I report the card Lost/Stolen and they would close that account and issue me a new card. I recall even asking the agent if they are sure this is the right process even though I had the card in hand, they said yes.

That was a few weeks ago. All of a sudden the last 24-hours or so, I am seeing all these TU Vantage Score drops (28-31 points), and from the look of things its like they are reporting the new BBVA card as an additional account, but I could be wrong on that.

I find it odd that TU Vantange is being affected, since BBVA pulled EX back when I got it.

Waiting to see if this eventually affects my FICO scores as well.

Has anyone else had this happen to them?

bbva.png

Potential Future Cards
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Remedios

Re: Report Card Lost = 30 Point Drop

Why is that weird?

A new account will cause score recalculation with each CRA, it has nothing to do with where the HP landed in the past.  If a new account causes scoring change, you will see it on each CRA, not just the one with HP. 

If it stays as new account, i doubt you will see much in terms of scoring change (if any) since you already have a bunch of accounts under a year, unless it impacts aging metrics. 

Vantage going to Vantage. You can lose 50 points for logging in, gain 100 if you scroll long enough. It's temperamental. 

Message 2 of 6
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

Why is that weird?

A new account will cause score recalculation with each CRA, it has nothing to do with where the HP landed in the past.  If a new account causes scoring change, you will see it on each CRA, not just the one with HP. 

If it stays as new account, i doubt you will see much in terms of scoring change (if any) since you already have a bunch of accounts under a year, unless it impacts aging metrics. 

Vantage going to Vantage. You can lose 50 points for logging in, gain 100 if you scroll long enough. It's temperamental. 

It's just that its not a new account per se', just a replaced credit card. I would expect the drop if I opened another account with BBVA, but I didn't. It was a replacement for fraudulent charges. Hopefully this is only affecting Vantage score and nothing more.

Potential Future Cards
Message 3 of 6
FinStar

@Wavester64 wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

Why is that weird?

It's just that its not a new account per se', just a replaced credit card. I would expect the drop if I opened another account with BBVA, but I didn't. It was a replacement for fraudulent charges. Hopefully this is only affecting Vantage score and nothing more.

Did you ask BBVA whether the new account number would inherit the history of the former account?  In a variety of cases, what you see in Vantage may eventually correct itself once new replacement card is in hand and active.  Then, only a notation will be in place with something along the lines of "account number changed... reported lost/stolen..." or something similar.  I lost 40 Vantage points just for typing this reply 😬. But I'll get them back once I leave the thread.

Message 4 of 6
Remedios

Your screenshot shows same age for both accounts. 

CMS may call it new, but it's not since all the original data is there. 

It's not new, it's "new". 

Message 5 of 6
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@Wavester64 wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

Why is that weird?

Did you ask BBVA whether the new account number would inherit the history of the former account?  In a variety of cases, what you see in Vantage may eventually correct itself once new replacement card is in hand and active.  Then, only a notation will be in place with something along the lines of "account number changed... reported lost/stolen..." or something similar.  I lost 40 Vantage points just for typing this reply 😬. But I'll get them back once I leave the thread.

LOL good stuff Smiley LOL

Potential Future Cards
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.