Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requesting Credit Report from each of the three major CRAs

tag
HowDoesThisAllWork
Frequent Contributor

Requesting Credit Report from each of the three major CRAs

Good morning, fellow myFICOer's!

This is just a Public Service Announcement for those of us out there who might not know this.  I mean, you don't know what you don't know until someone shows you, right?

Due to COVID-19, the CRAs have determined that we shall have access to our credit reports on a weekly basis!  Yes, sir!  yes, ma'am!  That is indeed true.  I believe that this is valid through April, 2022.  So, we have another six months of this or so.  I know that I have been making great use of this.

And, to be clear, when the CRAs say "weekly basis" then they mean "weekly basis, down to the minute"!  So, if you accessed your credit reports on Saturday morning at 7:45AM then that means that your credit reports will be available again the following Saturday *AFTER* 7:45AM.  I have tested this theory and am reporting my experience.  And, to be clear, if you accessed your credit reports on Saturday afternoon at 4:30PM then your credit reports will be available again next Saturday *AFTER* 4:30PM.

I am using the wonderful web site annualcreditreport.com to do this.  The screen shots that you might have seen in some of my other posts (especially the one regarding the Charge-Off with Merrick and the battle that has become) are all from the reports that I get from annualcreditreport.com.  So, if you do not know about this web site and the service that it offers, well, here you go!

I would also like to recommend that you - just out of sheer curiosity (for me, anyway) - contact each of the three major CRAs (Credit Reporting Agency): Equifax, Experian, and Transunion.  Ask each of them to send you a credit report via snail mail.

Because of an issue that I have been having with annualcreditreport.com (specifically, not able to receive the Experian credit report while I am able to get the other two) I contacted Experian and requested a copy.  They kindly sent it to me.  I did this on the 4th of October (Monday) and I received the hard copy yesterday (Saturday, the 9th of October).  So, it does not take all that long to actually have the report in your hands.

I mention this because the hard copy from the CRA is different from what I see when I look at the reports from Experian via annualcreditreport.com (and, the report includes your FICO8 credit score with a nice breakdown of several things....to find out what those "several things" are, please contact each CRA and order a hard copy!  See how I did that?  LOL).

Anyway, that concludes your Public Service Announcement for today.  Now, back to your regularly scheduled content!

FICO 8 Scores as of 2022 JULY 04:

FICO 9 Scores as of 2022 JULY 04:

FICO Auto 8 Scores as of 2022 JULY 04:

FICO Auto 9 Scores as of 2022 JULY 04:

FICO Bankcard 8 Scores as of 2022 JULY 04:

FICO Mortgage 2/4/5 Scores as of 2022 JULY 04:

Starting Score: Exp 627
Current Score: Exp 713
Goal Score: Exp 750+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.