Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Research

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Research

Hi, I'm Rachel and i am in debt. The truth is i had the idea that i could handle the debt and make the payments. well, it didn't happen. i had to relocate, and get a job as my id. We're all good hardworking people and i understand where most of you are coming from. So if i talk to you, i will try and be as helpful as i can.
I would like to appologize to all of you who have been yelled at by collectors. On behalf of those of us who truley want to help you, we don't support the yellers, the angry and the people who call names. I would know, i was called a dead beat and a liar by the same company i am working for now. But there is a huge difference between outbound and inbound. I am an inbound collector. my husband thinks my job is funny, mostly because of how far in debt i was when i became a collector. thats probably why they hired me. because i am like so many american young people who made a stupid mistake.

But this is where i need you guys.

It is my idea to write a book. the book that isn't out there and hasn't been written yet. Not a credit repair book, because there are tons of those. But a credit guide for beginners. For those soon to be 18 year olds who don't know the difference between "charging off" and "charging up," for those who think it is all to easy to beat the system.

So here is what i would like. If you could all just post one thing that you would have like to have known when you started to get credit. and why.

this would be greatly appreciated
Yours Sincerely
Rachel
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: Research

Ask the Sarge - he has prepared a slide show already!!!
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 2 of 3
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Research

Yep.. the Sarge put together a power point for a class he recently taught. Most of the info is based on what was learned from here.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.