Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rip-off

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rip-off

$19.95 for one report vs. $59.85 for a three B report. What kind of saving is that? NONE!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Rip-off

If you are interested in the 3B report, you can get it for $30 by signing up for the Ultimate monitoring product and then cancelling a week later.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, thank you for the info
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

You may find the 3B report at Credit Check Total a better bargain still.  It costs $1 for their 7-day trial.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

You may find the 3B report at Credit Check Total a better bargain still.  It costs $1 for their 7-day trial.

I agree with this.

IMO, until the $1 CCT trial goes away, everything else out there (that isn't free) can be considered a "rip-off" relative to a CCT $1 trial in terms of what you get for the cost.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is the Credit Check Total trial a "one-time-only"? Or can I cancel and then do another trial in 1-2 months?

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Is the Credit Check Total trial a "one-time-only"? Or can I cancel and then do another trial in 1-2 months?

You can do as many as two $1 trials each month.  One trial per month is something many people do.

It's also true that some of the cust service reps have (increasingly) been saying things like "hmmmm.... you realize you have taken our 'trial' offer 30 times?" to big users.  So in my opinion we'd all benefit from easing up a little on hyper-frequent uses of this offer.  That's just my opinion and is certainly not shared by everyone.  Your idea of once every two months is fine.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Feel free to do them as needed.  You can use your same login credentials for multiple trials as well, no need to use different user names, emails, etc.

Message 8 of 10
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

@BrutalBodyShots I agree with a 1 exception. If they are interested in an auto loan or mortgage CCT won't be much help other than seeing if there are is any negative information on the reports.
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@rmduhon wrote:
@Anonymous I agree with a 1 exception. If they are interested in an auto loan or mortgage CCT won't be much help other than seeing if there are is any negative information on the reports.

I agree with you about the mortgage.  But some auto sellers/lenders use FICO 8 Classic (e.g. CarMax) and regardless it's not a bad barometer for assessing one's FICO 8 Auto Enhanced.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.