Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SECONDARY CREDIT BUREAUS -

tag
MCM1
Regular Contributor

SECONDARY CREDIT BUREAUS -

As many card issuers and national lenders are using additional resources to verify your credit and personal information I strongly suggest that you obtain a copy of these reports to make sure they are current, up to date and accurate.  If the secondary bureau provides their info to the card issuer for your application and there is any deviation or discreptancy in personal info you can either be denied or sent for manual review and be required to provide additional documents.   You may be shocked at all the data some of these bureaus actually hold and maintain on you and your information. 

Some of the secondary bureaus are LexisNexis, Innovus, Clarity, Sage Stream, Factor Trust, ChexSystems, and others.  

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: SECONDARY CREDIT BUREAUS -

Message 2 of 6
ISOgoodTacos
Established Member

Thank you for that link. I am working my way down the list requesting reports and freezes where I can. I've already discovered that several years ago I used to make six grand a month working at an insurance company I have never heard of.  🙄

Message 3 of 6
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Thanks for the link.

Message 4 of 6
805orbust
Valued Contributor

Freeze freeze freeze... all of them.  This came up a few years ago and I immediately went online and froze all of them. The info was good, but I keep everything frozen and recommend others do also.

The only price I paid was when I went to pre-qual for a Truist Cc. They couldn't verify me... whatever, better than identity theft.

Message 5 of 6
Centurion_Dreamer
New Contributor

@805orbust wrote:

Freeze freeze freeze... all of them.  This came up a few years ago and I immediately went online and froze all of them. The info was good, but I keep everything frozen and recommend others do also.

The only price I paid was when I went to pre-qual for a Truist Cc. They couldn't verify me... whatever, better than identity theft.

Are there any tools to freeze them all at once?

Active Cards (TCL 127k):
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.