Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOL

tag
nikkibabee
Established Member

Re: SOL

I pulled all 3 reports from FreeCreditReport.com, are they not the correct ones?  I looked on an older report and it says under AFNI date opened 1/1/01.  What should I do?

Thanks!!

Nikki

Message 11 of 16
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Freecreditreport.com is not annualcreditreport.com. Freecreditreport.com is a product of Experian and they do not offer full access to your other two reports. They show a truncated version of it. Annualcreditreport.com was created by an act of Congress via FACTA (now part of the FCRA) which requires all three CRAs to provide a full copy (like what you see for EX) for free once a year. EX created Freecreditreport.com to try to capitalize on the annualcreditreport.com website. When you go to FCR, you actually have to pay to get access. Nothing free about it.

Just for fun:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZ0xsF5XWfo

What is the source for the report that says 1/1/01? Was it from a CRA? Third-party site? Was it on a CRA that is reporting the same CA now?

Message 12 of 16
nikkibabee
Established Member

So I just called afni and asked for proof that the debt was even valid and they are saying that they have no paperwork from tmobile what so ever.  They only have the dates in the computer.  They also stated since it was paid in full that they can not nor do they have to remove it from my report and that I can no longer dispute it since it was paid.  Is that correct?

Thanks!!
Nikki

Message 13 of 16
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Never ever call a CA. Never ever trust a CA. Their word is never their bond. Ignore AFNI. Yes, you can dispute at any time.
Message 14 of 16
nikkibabee
Established Member

When I dispute it and they say that I paid it what could I say about that?  Can they just send them the paid in full receipt as validation of debt?
Message 15 of 16
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

When you dispute it, you'd want to send a copy of that old CR to the same CRA that is reporting today. It would show to the CRA that the TL was re-aged and also shows that the debt is past 7 yrs, making it obsolete. A copy of your final bill from T-mobile will also aid in this, esp. with the other two CRAs. You'd need to dispute via mail CMRRR. Check with each CRA to see what is required for ID when you do dispute.

If you opt to DV, then they could retort that they are reporting correctly. However, the DV is a springboard your next document which would demonstrate your willingness to pursue this legally and to demonstrate that they illegally reaged the account.

A paid CA can continue to report for the full 7 yrs from DOFD. I don't think a paid receipt would show that the DOFD was prior to 1/1/01, unless you paid over 7 yrs ago.
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.