Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score hasn't changed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Score hasn't changed

I've been paying down bills in chunks. Over the last 4-5 months my TU score hasn't changed 1 point.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Score hasn't changed

Not enough information to really comment. It all depends on your balances verses your limits, so if you list out each of your cards and it's balance/limit that would be helpful. It's all about the crossing of utilization thresholds. If you cross one you may and likely will see a score change. If not, you wont.

It's possible that Cornelius may pay down $300 on his CC bills and see a 50 point FICO score increase where Rupert pays down $5000 on his CC bills and sees no score improvement at all. The reason why here would be that Cornelius crossed a threshold or thresholds where Rupert did not.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the response. I gone from 90% utilization down to 1%. But my TU score has been the same since 20% usage.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AnonymousI gone from 90% utilization down to 1%. But my TU score has been the same since 20% usage.

If you were at 20% aggregate utilization and took it down below 8.9% aggregate utilization, you'd see a score increase.  If you haven't seen the score increase yet, it's because your new (lower) balances haven't yet reported. 

If you're saying that you've gone from 90% utilization down to 1% utilization and have not seen a single FICO point increase, again I'd say it's because your balances haven't yet updated... otherwise there's something else going on with your report.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I've been paying down bills in chunks. Over the last 4-5 months my TU score hasn't changed 1 point.

Just curious how about your EXP and EQX? Any change there?

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

My EXP and EQX has steadily gone up
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are your 3 reports identical, or do you see (or not see) something on your TU report that you're seeing on your EX/EQ reports?

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.