Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score took a huge hit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Score took a huge hit

My Fico score took a huge hit from 683 to 630 due I think to running two of my credit cards up to 90% of their credit limit in one month, which I rarely ever do..I pay all of my credit cards/car loan on time every month, yet I understand the computer doesn't know if on this occasion I will run up more...so they hit me hard...My question is how long will I sit at 630? Will it go back up when they see that both cards have been paid in full,on time and that my charges to credit available has been reduced back to less then 25/30% of total credit OR, will I have to wait months to slowly go back up?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
VLGaffEsq
Regular Contributor

Re: Score took a huge hit

Don't worry; after a month, your FICO score should be back up to around 690 since you paid down your 90% utilization of your credit card debt.  It will NOT take several months...
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Score took a huge hit

Thanks, you've made me feel a lot better. I had just recently received a small credit increase from Bank Of America and paid off an arrears in full on child support which is now over and completed....neither not yet reflected on my credit report but should help when posted...I almost fell off my chair when I got the alert yesterday telling me I lost some 50 points....it ruined my weekend....anyway, thanks for your answer...
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.