Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Separate amounts

tag
DoctorCat
Established Member

Separate amounts

My credit report shows that I owe my university. But Equifax is reporting it at over 10,000 while Experian and Transunion are reporting it at 7 grand. What should I do and is there even anything that can be done?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Separate amounts

Hi and welcome to the forums, @DoctorCat 

Which one is the correct one? 

Message 2 of 7
DoctorCat
Established Member

So I have a few letters statements that say 10000 but I also have a letter when they intercepted my state income tax return that it was 5000. The original debt was 5000 but somehow i have seen the number 7000 and 10000. 

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

How much did they take from your state income tax return? That might account for the discrepancy and maybe it hasn’t been updated yet how long ago did that occur?
Message 4 of 7
DoctorCat
Established Member

Only about 100 dollars. After thinking about it more could the 10000 be including collection agency fees while my school is still on reporting 5000 because they aren't including the collection agency fees? Im trynna save up money to offer a good amount for a pay to delete letter. If the collection agency is asking 10000 after all the fees they added what should I offer? 

Message 5 of 7
DoctorCat
Established Member

Sorry but then that still doesnt explain the 7000. Sorry im typing as I think. 

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just brainstorming. There’s probably others on here better qualified to recommend a percentage for PFD. I’m sure someone will chime in.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.