cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shorter the post - Quicker the answer!

tag
rom828
Established Contributor

Re: Shorter the post - Quicker the answer!

Veee wrote:
I'll be the first one to stand up on that standing ovation! 

I'm standing and clapping also!! I'm so grateful for all the help I continue to receive!!

But it is sometimes hard to for me to get to the happy medium  between being succinct or  being too verbose.  I tend to lean towards the latter (LOLSmiley Happy.

It's also hard as a newbie (which I still feel I am in so many respects) to learn all the lingo and abbreviations!!  I used to  get so confused reading a reply like:  just DV the CA, remember you can't DV  the OC , then dispute with the CRA to be sure it's off your CR and try for CLI on your CCC and make sure your TLs report correctly though YMMV etc etc etc....I still come across some I don't know and can't figure out that aren't on the list!

Might me easier if I were more efficient with "computer shorthand" but I hate to admit this:  I've never sent even one text message in my life!!   Our very own "hauling" just helped me recently learn how to us a "quote" in my posts and how to do the smiley faces!!!  Smiley Happy    See?!?!

After having posted quite a bit, though, I do see where being more "to the point" can be helpful for everyone....I'm guilty though of feeling I need to explain myself, but as pointed out, most people on this forum have"been there, done that" so no need for all the superfluous explanations.

Let's have another big round of applause for those wonderful moderators who give so unselfishly of their time to help us all out!!   (JJ   SF    CW........that's "forum" for "jump, jump, sparkle fingers, cartwheel"!!!!) Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

Message Edited by rom828 on 09-26-2008 12:01 PM
FICOS: TU 732(05-16-16) EQ '08 739( 05-16-16) EX 737 (08-17-16)
Message 21 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Shorter the post - Quicker the answer!

rom828 wrote:

It's also hard as a newbie (which I still feel I am in so many respects) to learn all the lingo and abbreviations!!  I used to  get so confused reading a reply like:  just DV the CA, remember you can't DV  the OC , then dispute with the CRA to be sure it's off your CR and try for CLI on your CCC and make sure your TLs report correctly though YMMV etc etc etc....I still come across some I don't know and can't figure out that aren't on the list!

Message Edited by rom828 on 09-26-2008 12:01 PM

I rarely use the abbreviations, for two reasons.  First, I took some Spanish in HS, and I find that when I speak or listen to Spanish, I am translating in my head---not so much fluently speaking. So, when someone asks, "Que hora es?" I have to first translate that in my head into "What time is it?" and THEN I can answer.

Same thing with these abbreviations. It's like reading another language, and I have to first do the translation. Takes too much time.

The second reason is that I type 120 wpm. I don't really save any time by trying to rifle through the file cabinet in my head, looking for just the right abbreviation. By the time I find it, I could have just typed the full text two or three times. ;-)
Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.