cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I recon a second time for secured BofA?? I WAS DENIED!

tag
laz98
Senior Contributor

Re: Should I recon a second time for secured BofA?? I WAS DENIED!

@Carlosjb3 wrote:

Wow...what a downer....now I feel if I recon tomorrow they will effectively tell me to go pound sand! lol....I bet you if you try applying now they might approve you. They probably are just that unpredictable Smiley Indifferent

LOL.....hopefully things will turn out better for you!  i'll cross my fingers Smiley Wink

Message 11 of 18
Carlosjb3
Contributor

I will definately post the results tomorrow. BofA.... the battle has just begun...and I'm ready to take a lickin....lol

Fico 8 Scores [Nov 2018]: Equifax 677 | TransUnion 667 | Experian 668
Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not sure you can strong-arm a creditor into giving you their product.

Some creditors are much more bk friendly than others.  BofA is notoriously  BK un-friendly.

Check out the BK Friendly Credit Cards thread for some ideas.  There's plenty of folks who are happy to work with post-BK peeps.

Remember, they don't owe you their product.  And they often have internal scoring policies that they don't publish.

It's kinda like asking someone out on a date.  They can say no!  Smiley Surprised

Message 13 of 18
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

Personally, I wouldn't take the risk of another hard pull. If you ask again, they can pull again.

Message 14 of 18
laz98
Senior Contributor

i think unless you are trying to keep your inquiries down, there's no reason to have this fear of inquiries.  too many people are overreacting about them, IMO.

Message 15 of 18
Carlosjb3
Contributor

Well I did the recon this morning with BofA and spoke to a very nice lady. She told me the reason for the decline was not nescerally the BK7 per se but the fact that I burned them in the process. I did include two of their credit cards in my BK so I know exactly what they are talking about. She told me that they will reconsider me after 7 years from date of discharge. I thanked the nice lady and took the defeat. I don't blame BofA, he'll I'm lucky they even gave me a checking and savings account at least because I burned them in that department too. Well now I'm going to try for the secured US Bank card because I know I didn't burned them so hopefully if it gets down to a recon with them I will have better leverage in having them reconsider if I get declined. It worked with Wells Fargo because I never burned them (I was automatically approved). Anybody know anything about the secured US Bank card and how BK friendly they are? If this fails then credit unions will be next in line. I'm simply trying my luck with prime banks and their secured cards first before trying credit unions.

Fico 8 Scores [Nov 2018]: Equifax 677 | TransUnion 667 | Experian 668
Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

laz98 holy crow....if they didn't give you a secured card, there's no way they'll give me one....UGHHHH.....

Message 17 of 18
laz98
Senior Contributor

hopefully you have better luck Smiley Wink

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.