Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow to Alert?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Slow to Alert?

For those with the 3B Monitoring is it usually slow? I applied for 2 cards this week and Credit Karma and Credit Wise both have alerted me... but myFICO is still doing nothing. Is this normal? It is my first month on this product. Seems expensive if it isn't even going to alert you until it is too late. If this was a fraudulent app I would want to know ASAP.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Slow to Alert?

@Anonymous wrote:
For those with the 3B Monitoring is it usually slow? I applied for 2 cards this week and Credit Karma and Credit Wise both have alerted me... but myFICO is still doing nothing. Is this normal? It is my first month on this product. Seems expensive if it isn't even going to alert you until it is too late. If this was a fraudulent app I would want to know ASAP.

Usually I get my inquiry alerts virtually immediately, can't offer anything more than that but usually the service is pretty good on that.  I assume these were inquiries against TU?  I don't have many inquiries land on there and there are differences between the 3 bureaus monitoring solutions within the 3B product.

        
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes. My EQ seems to be super fast. TU finally came today-3 days after the app. Good thing it was me applying. :/ For $30 a month I would expect it instant. I'll give it another month tho. So far I like Credit Check total better.
Message 3 of 11
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Yes. My EQ seems to be super fast. TU finally came today-3 days after the app. Good thing it was me applying. :/ For $30 a month I would expect it instant. I'll give it another month tho. So far I like Credit Check total better.

They're a bit at the mercy of the bureaus on that; actually judging from my app for a Chase card today not sure the bureaus are playing fair; the Experian free monitoring solution alerted me immediately  but I still haven't gotten it from MF yet.  EQ is always really good for me and historically EX has been solid too... not sure what the deal is now.

        
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

If it were the bureaus tho-then credit karma and credit wise wouldn't notify me days before hand, right?
Message 5 of 11
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

My experience is that myFICO 1B Score Watch consistently sends an alert the day after the Amex CreditSecure report update.

Message 6 of 11
iv
Valued Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

Usually I get my inquiry alerts virtually immediately, can't offer anything more than that but usually the service is pretty good on that.  I assume these were inquiries against TU?  I don't have many inquiries land on there and there are differences between the 3 bureaus monitoring solutions within the 3B product.

Yeah... with TU inquiries, I've usually gotten alerts from CK within literal minutes... and 2-3 days later from both MyFICO and some of the random paid-by-breached-company monitoring services.

Dunno why TU monitoring for inquiries is normal/fast on CK, and very slow on "paid" services... but it's been that way pretty consistently over the past few years.

EQ8:850 TU8:850 EX8:850
EQ9:847 TU9:847 EX9:839
EQ5:797 TU4:807 EX2:813 - 2021-06-06
Message 7 of 11
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@iv wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

Yeah... with TU inquiries, I've usually gotten alerts from CK within literal minutes... and 2-3 days later from both MyFICO and some of the random paid-by-breached-company monitoring services.

Dunno why TU monitoring for inquiries is normal/fast on CK, and very slow on "paid" services... but it's been that way pretty consistently over the past few years.

It's happening with EX now too and it didn't before at least in terms of MF tardiness; I'm thinking something changed and people may not be playing fair but that's possibly the cynic in me with some knowledge of how the credit monitoring space developed over the last 5 years.

I recently subscribed to the free EX monitoring (incidently can get additional scores cheaper there on upsell even for me with the MF discount though I need to go see if I got reason codes with the pull I tried).

Anyway I got two inquiry alerts from the EX free monitoring service literally within a minute, maybe faster actually I wasn't timing it precisely and MF didn't get them to me until a day later.

        
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wouldn't care on a free service but when you pay $30 and the free services are super fast and the $30 one is days behind them..... that's an issue.

I got billed again so I'm trying one more month
Message 9 of 11
Regular Contributor

The delay reflects my experience. It would be nice if it was better.
Fico 8 Scores
7/2020: EQ - 842; TU - 832; EX - 848
10/2017: EQ - 823; TU - 835; EX - 824
05/2016: EQ - 712; TU - 706; EX - 710
11/2015: EQ - 694; TU - 651; EX - 653
5/2015: EQ - 670
5/2014: EQ - 653
11/2013: EQ - 645
05/2013: EQ - 656
11/2012: EQ - 646

Eight CCs ($179,500 CL, 0%-1% UTIL)
AoOA = 18.6 years, AAoA = 60 mos., AoYA = 18 mos.
One mortgage, one HELOC, no car loans.
Derogs from 2009 and 2010 now gone after 7 years. I started paying attention to credit scores in about 2014. It's taken a few years but credit scores are now good after starting in the high 500s back in 2011

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.