Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Credit smartcredit.com

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Smart Credit smartcredit.com

Good morning, y'all. Does anyone here use Smart Credit? It's the service that comes with Collection Shield 360 premium membership. It has an option to add all of your accounts (like Mint) for easy access, and alerts you immediately to suspicious activity and purchases on any of your accounts (user specified settings?). They also enable disputing items with the clock of a button (haven't tried that, yet). It also provides various credit scores (auto, credit card, etc.) that I'm assuming are not FICO. 

I like the idea of the account management option, but I'm not so sure about providing them access to all of my accounts. I also like the sound of the push button disputes (if it really is as easy as they claim). Anyone have experience with them that you care to tell us about?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Smart Credit smartcredit.com

"When you become a Member we will receive your VantageScore® Credit Score from one or more credit bureaus. However, we reserve the right to use our own internally developed score if necessary depending on the ability of a given credit report to generate a normal credit score.

All of our Scores may not be used to grant credit. They are estimates and are for educational purposes only."

https://www.smartcredit.com/help/terms-and-privacy/service-agreement.htm

$20-$30 per month fee seems hefty.  I may try their trial period and report back, though.  Vantage Score and internal score is useless for sure.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also note that for the credit report it says you get 2 or unlimited "smart credit reports" monthly but if you want a 3 bureau report it's "a la carte pricing" whatever that means.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

"When you become a Member we will receive your VantageScore® Credit Score from one or more credit bureaus. However, we reserve the right to use our own internally developed score if necessary depending on the ability of a given credit report to generate a normal credit score.

All of our Scores may not be used to grant credit. They are estimates and are for educational purposes only."

https://www.smartcredit.com/help/terms-and-privacy/service-agreement.htm

$20-$30 per month fee seems hefty.  I may try their trial period and report back, though.  Vantage Score and internal score is useless for sure.

Yeah, I guess those scores,are good for general monitoring of ups and downs, but not much more. The offer I signed up for (through Collection Shield) is a 3 month free trial, followed by $9.xx per month after. Don't think I'd pay $20-$30 for it, but $9 something is reasonable.

Message 4 of 6
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

I would never give any company the login for my banking & other financial accounts. Even if they have outstanding honest scruples, if they get hacked the hacker gets all my logins from one convenient location. I also limit the services that provide me credit scores, because again if they get hacked . . .

Message 5 of 6
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

+1 DaveinAZ Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.