Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Soft inquiries overload file?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Soft inquiries overload file?

For those of us who monitor frequently..
I stumbled upon this post.
Is this something to worry about?
"Soft pulls overloading file to cause split file"

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/Possible-to-remove-soft-inquiries/m-p/1776314/...
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Soft inquiries overload file?

I hope not, been using the SCT a lot to boost my score. So far so good. Hope it doesn't backfire on me.
Message 2 of 15
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Split files can certainly happen due to excessive SP'ing.  There are a number of prior threads on this.  Don't overlook them as a resource.

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sct?
Message 4 of 15
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Sct?

Shopping Cart Trick for Comenity backed cards

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Takeshi
Thanks for the reply. I have been loads of monitoring because I am very impatient, so I'm guessing I'm loaded with SPs. Going to pull my report soon to see.
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just found this thread because today I pulled my three reports from annual credit and I see I have close to 100 soft inquires on each file. This now has me concerned about a split file I've seen mentioned here a few times. 

How can I lessen the ones caused by me. 

If I only check say like Credit Karma one time a month instead of twice a week would this lesson some I get? Or do the soft pull you regardless of whether you check or not. I get email updates from them so thinking they check even when I don't sign in?

i also use credit sesame and credit.com. Same question for them. 

Most are from 2016 2017 so it will be a while before they drop off. 

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also worry about a split file with TU since it actually happened to me a few years ago. I’m bad about using CK, Wallethub, etc. This post reminded me I need to lay off daily pulls with TU. With EX I don’t think it happens. EQ can but not as bad TU I believe. Everyone seems to be obsessed with providing TU FAKOs.
Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Samster do you know if credit karma checks even when we don't sign in? I get emails from them when things change so this makes me think they do. If not I'm going to try and not open the monitoring sites constantly. But I worry they are soft pulling even when I don't log in. As a matter of fact the other day I logged in and it said on credit karma last update 9 hours ago. So I think it was pulled 9 hours prior to me checking it. 

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’d actually like to know too! I don’t think so because it updates your scores when you login and it happily spins while you wait. I would think not logging in would keep the SPs at bay, but I could be totally wrong.
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.