Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sombody Help!

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Sombody Help!

Ouch, bunnyrabbit, that's what you get for trying to be helpful. I agree with the others --you have to regard loans as gifts, and if you get anything back at all, it's a miracle.

Can you get a personal loan for $2K from your credit union and just pay off the cards? Then do as Timothy suggested and set up a promissory note and schedule, and have her pay you back directly.

It would be nice to be repaid, but at this point, I would worry more about her screwing up your credit cards. Damage to your credit hurts harder and longer than damage to your bank account.

Sorry, and good luck!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 11 of 13
danikasmom
Regular Contributor

Between Timothy and Hauling, I think those are the best ideas.  Getting a loan to pay off the cards with a lower interest rate, because with all the late pays, your rate HAD to have gone up.  And, setting up the promisory not and having it notarized. 
I have to say that when I read that you called the employer, my eyes bugged!  I would hunt you down!  It is none of anyone else's business that she owes you money and you COULD get in trouble for that.  I would have sued you for that myself!  I have one friend who always borrows money or owes me somehow or another.  I just know that I probably won't see it again, but she is my friend.  She has given me jewelry in return and that's fine, because she can buy it back from me if she gets the money but I am never upset that I have loaned her about $1000. 

Good luck.
Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your stories to help me. 
After I called her employer, someone contact her and she began to send me the e-mail.  We are sending the e-mails back in force to solve the problem.  There is huge misunderstanding on her side.  She says she is doing what she supposed to do, which she is repaying, and she id not doing anything bad.  Yes, she is repaying.  But, the problems are she does not pay on time and she does not provide me the tracking number.  I have to keep telling this over and over on the e-mail to her, and she still says she is doing what she supposed to do.  ........ what can I say?   Even my other friend, who brought her to me to help her, told me she kept telling her to provide me the tracking number and then the things go smooth.  But she doesn't listen to her neither.  I've been so nice to her all this time, but I had enough.  I can't call her as my friend any more, so the other friend who brought her to me.

About the payment to Chase;
Chase gave me the credit ($75 check amount) after I sent the USPS tracking number and delivery confirmation copy to them over the secure online message.

Anyway, I will let you know if her brother or employer pays her debt to me.  If not, I just let her keep paying ($75 each total $150/ mo) until she PIF. 

P.S.   The interest rate on those 2 CCs are I believe lower than the personal loan from NFCU. 
          NFCU nReward is 7.9% lower than what they posted at their online.  Balance is $371.75
          Chase Starbucks Duetto is 4.99% until PIF.  Balance is $1195.20 before add interest on 3/16.
          Does anyone knows the APR lower than this?
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.