Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some of the Lesser Known Evils

tag
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Re: Some of the Lesser Known Evils

This is good stuff, thanks Noah_Bodie.

Can we get a sticky on this, or a link to it from a sticky if there is not one?  

Thanks!
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 11 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

by giving these organizations all your info, are you not then getting yourself into their database? How likely is it that the average consumer has a report on file with them?
Message 12 of 32
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

rifleman wrote:
by giving these organizations all your info, are you not then getting yourself into their database? How likely is it that the average consumer has a report on file with them?

Well that would certainly stink if they do collect info.  Regarding myself though I know that I have info on hrm... I think the old Chex and old Choicepoint as if I am correct, they pull motor vehicle records and related records for auto insurance.

But now I'm concerned about Big Brother....!

EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 13 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I ever find myself blacklisted by any of these other agencies, I'm outta here:

http://www.lifeaftertheoilcrash.net/IndividualItemPages/GetOut.html
Message 14 of 32
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

TheNewWorldMan wrote:
If I ever find myself blacklisted by any of these other agencies, I'm outta here:

http://www.lifeaftertheoilcrash.net/IndividualItemPages/GetOut.html

LMBO!!!  Can my family come too?  I'll make Rice Crispy treats!
Message 15 of 32
hifiko
New Contributor

TO Smart Cookie...Your last post mentioned about being concerned about Big Brother. Everytime I see a reference to Big Brother, I develop a "Mona Lisa" smile and say to myself "if they only really knew." Believe me "brother" knows now. Who would ever think that when you apply for social security benefits the name of your "inlaws" pops up on the screen??? Strange but TRUE. The other CRA's,beside, the Big 3 we deal with daily in this forum are "specialty" type agencies. If you have an auto accident the info is forwarded to "Choicepoint". If somebody wants to know about your health in general they can get info from MIB. Anytime you're ever sued or have any legal court proceedings civil or criminal then a report is forwarded to Lexis Nexis(a clearinghouse for lawyers) to get the lowdown on you. Remember the internet is definitely an "information highway" with it's good points and bad points. Here comes that "smile"again.
Message 16 of 32
hifiko
New Contributor

TO Smart Cookie...Your last post mentioned about being concerned about Big Brother. Everytime I see a reference to Big Brother, I develop a "Mona Lisa" smile and say to myself "if they only really knew." Believe me "brother" knows now. Who would ever think that when you apply for social security benefits the name of your "inlaws" pops up on the screen??? Strange but TRUE. The other CRA's,beside, the Big 3 we deal with daily in this forum are "specialty" type agencies. If you have an auto accident the info is forwarded to "Choicepoint". If somebody wants to know about your health in general they can get info from MIB. Anytime you're ever sued or have any legal court proceedings civil or criminal then a report is forwarded to Lexis Nexis(a clearinghouse for lawyers) to get the lowdown on you. Remember the internet is definitely an "information highway" with it's good points and bad points. Here comes that "smile"again. P.S. Instead of your last post make that 2 posts back...
Message 17 of 32
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

hifiko wrote:
TO Smart Cookie...Your last post mentioned about being concerned about Big Brother. Everytime I see a reference to Big Brother, I develop a "Mona Lisa" smile and say to myself "if they only really knew." Believe me "brother" knows now. Who would ever think that when you apply for social security benefits the name of your "inlaws" pops up on the screen??? Strange but TRUE. The other CRA's,beside, the Big 3 we deal with daily in this forum are "specialty" type agencies. If you have an auto accident the info is forwarded to "Choicepoint". If somebody wants to know about your health in general they can get info from MIB. Anytime you're ever sued or have any legal court proceedings civil or criminal then a report is forwarded to Lexis Nexis(a clearinghouse for lawyers) to get the lowdown on you. Remember the internet is definitely an "information highway" with it's good points and bad points. Here comes that "smile"again.

You'd just have creeped me bigtime if what you are saying wasn't TRUE!  Smiley Wink  OK let's not go all conspiracy theory on these boards...but jeesh they keep your body stuff in the hospital!  Anyone who has had a baby or something removed knows... it's nearly impossible to get them to hand back your BODY PART! 

Carry on... next show at 10.... lemonade and Rice Crispy treats for all!
Message 18 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think all this will only stop when the records of the politicians and wealthy elite are hacked and displayed for everyone to see.
Message 19 of 32
hifiko
New Contributor

Smart Cookie...No psychological damage intended...Hope you are ok. Keep "smiling"...
Message 20 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.