Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Split Equifax File

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Split Equifax File

I had long suspected that my Equifax file was split and sure enough, it's a mess. The file they send in the mail has most of my history but it's missing my AE account and a closed, paid credit union auto loan. The report in MyEquifax online has only the AE and auto loan and nothing else. All of the accounts are mine and reporting accurately. I mailed EQ a CMRRR with a copy of the mailed report and a copy of the online report and explained that the two needed to be combined. In response they deleted 4 of 10 paid closed student loans and said that their investigation concluded the others were all mine. All of the 10 were mine and never in question and I never mentioned ot disputed student loans in my letter. I can't talk to them over the phone because I can't get past all their questions to verify my identity. I can't get my report from them on annual credit report.com because they can't verify my identity. The only way I can get a report from EQ is to mail the identity form and accompanying identification to annual credit report and wait for it so I ordered another one for verification before I contact the FTC and CFPB and file complaints. Any and all input and suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks and have a great weekend. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
SOGGIE
Valued Contributor

Re: Split Equifax File

Try contacting an EQ supervisor by phone to request a file merge. They will more than likely request you submit to them a copy of your SS card and government-issued photo ID. Do you know what caused the split? Too many addresses? Too many accounts reporting? Name discrepancies? Mixed file with another consumer having the same name as yours?
Life was a lot simpler when what we honored was father and mother, rather than all major credit cards. ~Robert Orben
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have no idea what caused the split. Unfortunately I can't get through to them on the phone because I can't get past their security questions. The last time I called they asked 11 different questions and then said they couldn't verify my identity. 

Message 3 of 5
SoCalGardener
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have no idea what caused the split. Unfortunately I can't get through to them on the phone because I can't get past their security questions. The last time I called they asked 11 different questions and then said they couldn't verify my identity. 

I know how frustrating that is!! You'd think in this day and age they'd provide an option to speak to a human after all that fails.

Anyway, is there someone you can ask to call for you? I mean, call using their name, identity information, etc., just to get in. Then ask for a supervisor and hand the phone to you. Then you can explain that you couldn't get in any other way and proceed from there...

Amazon Prime Store CardAmerican Express Blue Cash Preferred CardAmerican Express Everyday CardBank of America Customized Cash VisaCapitalOne Quicksilver MastercardCapitalOne Quicksilver VisaCapitalOne Walmart Rewards MastercardChevron Texaco CardCiti Double Cash MastercardDiscover More CardJCPenney Gold MastercardOverstock.com CardSportsmans Guide Rewards VisaSynchrony Home Card
Message 4 of 5
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

It happened to me yrs ago. One creditor had my middle initial as J and its S. It caused a split after Suntrust in house rep tried to get me approved for a card. SunTrust was on the phone with EQ explaining all my info. No go. I sent in so much proof. They actually called me from EQ and the lady fixed it 2 days later. Card was approved right after my file was fixed. See if you can pull your EQ free report from annual credit reports.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.