Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

State-specific Fraud Alert

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

State-specific Fraud Alert

I got a notification from myFICO that a 'A state-specific fraud alert has been detected in your TransUnion data.'  Anyone have a clue as to what this is?  TransUnion is closed today and I haven't placed any fraud alerts.  A freeze yes, fraud alert no. Smiley Indifferent

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: State-specific Fraud Alert

I just received the same notification as well. I called TransUnion and they said there is no fraud alert on my credit report and couldn't tell me what state specific fraud alert even was. This is an issue. Does anyone else have an answer to this?
Message 2 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The federal FCRA provides for fraud alerts under secion 605A.

Many states have their own versions of the federal FCRA that are often duplicative or more restrictive than the provisions of the federal FCRA.

It appears that some provision of your state code provides for fraud alerts that are similar to provisions of the federal FCRA, and that state provision has been provided to the CRA.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the explanation on what it is. I'm a little concerned as TransUnion said there is no fraud alert filed. Could this be an error from myFico ?
Message 4 of 7
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Same thing here...did you ever find out what it was?

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I haven't heard anything more on it. I called again, but they have no idea what I'm talking about. It's frustrating.
Message 6 of 7
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I haven't heard anything more on it. I called again, but they have no idea what I'm talking about. It's frustrating.

Yep, same thing here....no alerts, no lock (although I did just lock it)  idk, just MyFico indicating this alert.  Okay, good to know this is probably a glitch.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.