Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Status Reporting on Reports

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Status Reporting on Reports

This may be the wrong forum, but I'm going to try.  Perhaps Tuscani will chime in if he can help answer this question.  Here goes:

I have 5 tradelines with the status reporting as follows:  Past due/Derrogatory Account.  The problem is, all of the accounts were paid [in full, not settled and paid a long time ago, almost 4 years ago] and have a zero balance.  The accounts are closed and have been closed.  The tradelines show a zero balance [no charge off or anything funny like that], but the but the status lines indicates that the account is past due and derog...Odd, huh?  It's like this on all three reports.  I know that it is killing my score because Fico thinks that I am past due on zero balance accounts. I have never seen such a mess.  Any thoughts????  I have obviously disputed this information with CRA's, just waiting to hear back...
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Status Reporting on Reports

Assuming they do not show up as derog, FICO should not be counting them against you. However, this could still hurt in a manual review. If the CRAs do not correct, I would contact the parties reporting and ask them to update.

Message Edited by Tuscani on 06-12-2007 01:23 PM
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's the point, Tuscani.  They do show derrog.  I have contacted the OC to have them update reporting and they did.  I have no idea who assigns the derog status.  It's ridiculous.  Derrogatory status on a paid/closed account.  These accounts were never late and paid as agreed.  It is beyond me why they assign a derrog status to a current/closed/paid account and that is where the problem lies.  I have no idea who is supposed to correct this.  I just sent CMRRR to all three CB's to see if they will fix the problem.  Any other suggestions?  TIA
Message 3 of 6
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Assuming the disputes do not work, send the CRAs Noah's MOV letter.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, thanks.  I'll do that.  But could you please tell me where to find Noah's MOV letter.  I hope it works, though.  Smiley Happy  TIA
Message 5 of 6
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.