Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions please!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Suggestions please!!

I finally added up DH and my revolving loan debt and cc debt.  We are at a whopping 20K... I don't know where to start with this mountain, any suggestions.  Should I start at lowest balance to payoff or highest interest rate?

Thanks
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
sl
Established Contributor

Re: Suggestions please!!

In my opinion, (and this is what I am doing). I took the card with the highest interest rate and put all my extra money towards that. When they is paid off, I will take that money and put it towards the next highest and so on.

Also call your creditors and see if there is a better interest rate out there. BOA and Citi are excellent to work with and will lower your rate if you explain you are trying to pay your debt off.

Some members may disagree with me and that is okay, because what works for one person may not work for the other.

I started at $54k in debt and finally down to $20k 4 years later and I did with through a DMP and some by myself. Just don't get discouraged and hang in there.

Good luck!
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks sweetheart!!! 
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Morning!

i agree with sl, start with highest interest rates, focus on paying those off first, especially if the balances are high, then work your way from there.  And any help they can give you, in terms of interest rates would be great.  I love Citi, HATE BoA!!!Smiley Mad
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cool..  Trini, where have you been?  You got to search through all the posts in this new setup just to see old friends!!!  Miss ya!!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.