Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TRANSUNION, Unable to confirm your identity

tag
stone
Regular Contributor

TRANSUNION, Unable to confirm your identity

hi all,

i just encountered a weird problem with TransUnion, please help me out.

I try to request a copy of TU credit report from annualcreditreport.com, and failed with message of "We are unable to confirm your identity with the information provided.", i tried many times in the past month and always failed with same reason.

A few days later I tried to register an account at TransUnion website, and it failed with same reason in the last step. It also failed with same message when i try to login.

Then I tried to call them and finally called to fraud alert that real person answers me. It looks like that person just help me place a fraud alert, nothing else, did not fixed the problem. And now everytime i tried to login the transuion to remove the fraud alert online, it failed with message of "We are experiencing technical difficulties."

Any idea on how to solve this issue? Also it looks like i have no problem with EX and EQ. Thanks.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
pat0812
Regular Contributor

Re: TRANSUNION, Unable to confirm your identity

How long have you had credit history for?
If less than 6 months then this is normal
With short history they don't have enough info on your report to be able to identify you.

I'm in the same boat like you, you can only request a copy by phone to get it mailed to you.

If you want to use the monitoring service online, I had to fax them a copy of my drivers license and a utility bill to proof my identity

The annualcreditreport.com
Is not run by the credit agencies and so using that site or Transunion site is different
FICO 8's EX 770 EQ 751 TU 771 (1/16/17)
Amex Gold Premier rewards ( Charge Card)
Amex Blue cash - $47,800 Wells Fargo - $15,000 Citibank Simplicity - $13,800 Barclays Apple - $13,000 Walmart Mastercard - $8000 Chase Slate - $7,200 Discover It - $5,500 Capital One - $5,250
Message 2 of 4
stone
Regular Contributor

@pat0812 wrote:
How long have you had credit history for?
If less than 6 months then this is normal
With short history they don't have enough info on your report to be able to identify you.

I'm in the same boat like you, you can only request a copy by phone to get it mailed to you.

If you want to use the monitoring service online, I had to fax them a copy of my drivers license and a utility bill to proof my identity

The annualcreditreport.com
Is not run by the credit agencies and so using that site or Transunion site is different

total credit history is more than 1.5 year, and i have no problem to fetch credit report from EX and EQ

Message 3 of 4
pat0812
Regular Contributor

i had the same problem with annualcreditreport.com

When I try to pull a free transunion or equifax it always fails. I only managed to get my free experian report from that site

Nothing is wrong with your identity or with the credit bureaus

the annualcreditreport.com is an independant company who provides this service.

It can be they don't have enough information about you to confirm your identity. Like not enough Credit Lines, or recent inactivity...

You can try and call them, but it's hard to get a human on the line

try 

877-322-8228

If you find a solution let me know how you managed that

FICO 8's EX 770 EQ 751 TU 771 (1/16/17)
Amex Gold Premier rewards ( Charge Card)
Amex Blue cash - $47,800 Wells Fargo - $15,000 Citibank Simplicity - $13,800 Barclays Apple - $13,000 Walmart Mastercard - $8000 Chase Slate - $7,200 Discover It - $5,500 Capital One - $5,250
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.