Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU - WalletHub Score Drop

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

TU - WalletHub Score Drop

I know WalletHub is Vantage score. I received a message this morning that my score dropped 95 points based on the TU report. I do not find any changes from yesterday to today in the report. Did any one notice any weird things with WalletHub or TU ?

Update. I checked all the details. Looks like Citi decided to report one of the old charge offs every month. It started in March 2020. It is only TU that I noticed. I checked FICO scores and they ignored this new derog reporting by Citi and my TU FICO scores are still at 622. But Vantage got panicked and there is 90 point score drop reported by WalletHub. I am going to ignore this for now and focus on the bigger picture and get the COs and CAs out of the report hopefully before end of this year and see where scores stand after all the dust settles.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
BmoreBull
Established Contributor

Re: TU - WalletHub Score Drop

Pull your free TU report from annualcreditscores and go over it. Also check your fico scores with the experian free trial. If nothings on your report or your TU fico score hasn’t dropped, don’t worry about the vantage score.

Starting Fico Scores:November 2019

Current Fico Scores: January 6, 2021
Goal Scores: 700 across all three
Message 2 of 7
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@BmoreBull wrote:
Pull your free TU report from annualcreditscores and go over it. Also check your fico scores with the experian free trial. If nothings on your report or your TU fico score hasn’t dropped, don’t worry about the vantage score.

Thanks. I checked TU and there is no change. Not sure what is WalletHub is complaning about and 91 point score drop.  I dont see any change in the TU.

Message 3 of 7
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Red1Blue wrote:

@BmoreBull wrote:

Thanks. I checked TU and there is no change. Not sure what is WalletHub is complaning about and 91 point score drop.  I dont see any change in the TU.

WH probably got some bad data ..

Message 4 of 7
Iusedtolurk
Established Contributor

@Red1Blue wrote:

I know WalletHub is Vantage score. I received a message this morning that my score dropped 95 points based on the TU report. I do not find any changes from yesterday to today in the report. Did any one notice any weird things with WalletHub or TU ?

Usually not anything to worry about being Vantage. I have had been scores go up and down on Credit Karma that state "No changes to credit report "

I chalk it off as maybe an age factor, score card change, or the many other variables that are hidden.

Message 5 of 7
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@Red1Blue wrote:

Update. I checked all the details. Looks like Citi decided to report one of the old charge offs every month. It started in March 2020. It is only TU that I noticed. I checked FICO scores and they ignored this new derog reporting by Citi and my TU FICO scores are still at 622. But Vantage got panicked and there is 90 point score drop reported by WalletHub. I am going to ignore this for now and focus on the bigger picture and get the COs and CAs out of the report hopefully before end of this year and see where scores stand after all the dust settles.

Message 6 of 7
TekkenQQ7
Established Contributor

Now reports are available every week till 2021 good luck!!!.

weekly.PNG

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.