cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target RedCard Reporting Off-Cycle (update 1/13/20)

tag
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Target RedCard Reporting Off-Cycle (update 1/13/20)

Rather than bump an old thread, I decided to create a new one.

This last month has been a rough one for me and I lost track of payments, due dates, and statement cuts.  Because of this, I accidentally used my RedCard before the info had been reported to the bureaus. By the time I realized it, a payment wouldn't clear and update the balance before it was reported.  With me paying down and off multiple accounts, it really annoyed me that the card would report high, but from everything I found, Target won't report off-cycle. Since it was bugging me, I took a couple of shots of Patron Silver and said FICO it.

Called in to card services and explained that it was a mistake on my part and it was really bothering me that the card was reporting at a high balance.  She said no problem and put me on hold for about a minute.  She came back and said that the letter was sent to the bureaus and it should be updated as soon as they receive it.

A little sad I didn't get to do more shots, but I'll update when and if it goes through.

*takes 2 more shots for good luck*

UPDATE

1/13/20 - target updated my report sometime in the last week. A week after the new balance reported. They added a remark that I was disputing the amount and the issue is resolved.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Target RedCard Reporting Off-Cycle

Congratulations on your success!
Message 2 of 12
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@AllZero wrote:
Congratulations on your success!

is that for the shots?

Message 3 of 12
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Make it a triple.
Message 4 of 12
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@AllZero wrote:
Make it a triple.

It may have been, and someone lost count. I did wonder how it got posted in the approval section.

maybe "shots approved" IDK  ..

Message 5 of 12
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Yes, shots approved. 😉
Message 6 of 12
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Yeah, I don't know why it was moved to approvals. I didn't get approved for anything.

Message 7 of 12
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Probably just a myFICo Friday the 13th glitchSmiley Wink

Message 8 of 12
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Probably because I don't see it being moved by anyone and its back in credit cards

Message 9 of 12
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Just wanted to update this thread. My balance was never updated. Will call them when I get a chance to find out what happened, whether they sent a letter or if the rep lied to me.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.