Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

They Cancelled Me!! Help!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

They Cancelled Me!! Help!

Bank of America has reviewed by account, since it is due to expire  and decieded that based on information obtained from Trans Union they were canceling my account. My credit score last month was a 665, I had an account removed by equifax. I dont know what the other reporting agency has as my score. What I want to know is what can I do? Is this going to lower my score? This year I have worked hard to pay everything on time. The Bank of America account I opened 2 years ago, and I am 100% sure that my credit score was not as high as it is now. . .I have no Idea what to do...  Smiley Sad
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: They Cancelled Me!! Help!

That's a tough creditor with "unreal" expectations.  I would suggest getting another card and paying off BofA right away.  Best of Luck!
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maximus wrote:
Bank of America has reviewed by account, since it is due to expire  and decieded that based on information obtained from Trans Union they were canceling my account. My credit score last month was a 665, I had an account removed by equifax. I dont know what the other reporting agency has as my score. What I want to know is what can I do? Is this going to lower my score? This year I have worked hard to pay everything on time. The Bank of America account I opened 2 years ago, and I am 100% sure that my credit score was not as high as it is now. . .I have no Idea what to do...  Smiley Sad

They cancelled my account in April   had a score of 688  no lates

watch they will raise your int. also  no notice

Message Edited by HappyDays on 08-23-2007 06:58 PM
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm confused...

BOA is cancelling accounts of law-abiding customers... and opening up new accounts for illegal aliens? Is this insane or what?

If I were you, I'd start digging around the BOA website and get the number to the corporate office and call their CEO. You'll have a tough time getting through, but I'd sure give it a try. And then, I would go to a local branch and request to speak with the regional manager over the town you're in. He or she will likely be able to help.

This is absolutely silly.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

CreditHawk wrote:
I'm confused...

BOA is cancelling accounts of law-abiding customers... and opening up new accounts for illegal aliens? Is this insane or what?

Confusing as he!!... keep us posted as to what happens. Just dosen't seem right.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Careful. Many of the things BoA does is automatic. Once your account was flagged for what ever reason it is sent to someone to review. Sometimes they cancel them. Did you call them, speak to a customer service manager? What did they say. Usually with a phone call they correct the problem. I once was turned off too, I called customer service, spoke to a manager and it was back on the next day. They will do that if you stop using the card for an extended period of time. Another thing if you may do is request they lower the CL instead of canceling it.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

The TL and Hx will not go away... It will just say "Closed by Grantor" Not the best scenario, but as long as it has been current and you cann pay the balance within the terms of your cardholder agreement the FICO impact will likely be mute.

Rob

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm confused...

If I were you, I'd start digging around the BOA website and get the number to the corporate office and call their CEO. You'll have a tough time getting through, but I'd sure give it a try. And then, I would go to a local branch and request to speak with the regional manager over the town you're in. He or she will likely be able to help.

This is absolutely silly.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, good and old prejudice.......Nice!!!I love it!!

It is not a normal thing for a bank to close a account in good stander, so it must be something wrong with your account or a mistake from there part. You don't need to send a letter to the CEO. All you need to do is to go to a branch and explain to them the situation.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Redamagon wrote:

So, good and old prejudice.......Nice!!!I love it!!

It is not a normal thing for a bank to close a account in good stander, so it must be something wrong with your account or a mistake from there part. You don't need to send a letter to the CEO. All you need to do is to go to a branch and explain to them the situation.

Universal default can certainly lead to non-renewal for accounts... They will refer you to the Cardholder Agreement that accompanied the card when you received it... They "Reserve the right."

Does happen more than you think. I've seen MULTIPLE posts regarding BofA and this practice.

Rob

BTW - Universal Default does not necessarily have ANYTHING to do with your current account... It takes into consideration ALL of your information as reported by CRAs.Smiley Sad

Sad but true.

Rob

Message Edited by FICO_Focused on 08-24-2007 11:41 AM
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.