Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thinking of freezing

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thinking of freezing

Good evening all. So i thinking about freezing while gardening .Is that a good strategy? If so. Can i still get auto CLIs? Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: Thinking of freezing

Good is always highly subjective, regardless of topic.  If it will help you then it can be good.  If you're going to just lift the freeze and app anyway then it may not be good.  Your call to make.

@Anonymous wrote:

Can i still get auto CLIs?

There's info on the CRA sites but creditors with an existing relationship (e.g. those considering you for an auto CLI) can still soft pull your reports.

Also, don't overlook prior discussions as a resource:

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&es_th=1&ie=UTF-8#q=freeze%20site%3Aficoforums.myfico.com

Message 2 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Is your motivation based only on a possible slip of willpower to refrain from applying?

A freeze can introduce more complexity if occasion arises for a party to pull your credit report, such as in connection with a business transaction your inititate, such as application for cable, etc.

Message 3 of 7
mitchblue
Valued Contributor

Freeze helps against someone applying in your name. Huge peace of mind. Yes, you can still get Auto CLI. You can always temp lift the free if applying at a later date. I froze all 3 for over a year now, temp lifting twice for Auto loan and one CC. If you know which CA they use, only need to temp unfreeze one.

FICO® 8 Scores 821 FICO® 9 Equifax 826 (Updated 02-7-23)
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your responses. It's not an issue of lack of self control. Gardening for at least a year. Even though being on this forum makes it tempting lol.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for your responses. It's not an issue of lack of self control. Gardening for at least a year. Even though being on this forum makes it tempting lol.

I definitely agree.  All these people getting approved left and right with huge lines and amazing rewards/bonuses makes it really tempting to try and follow suit.  What works best for me is to just remember why I need to stay in the garden.  At this point, I have an ongoing schedule of dates of when I'll start applying for stuff and the number of days until then.  Good luck!

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. You to

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.