Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Three Different Scores from Experian

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Three Different Scores from Experian

I hope someone can help me understand this. I have been car shopping and applied through a few different lenders last week for loans. I've since received paperwork from some of them citing the information they pulled on me. On 7/25 I called my credit union and they told me they pulled my credit with Experian and my score was 667. Immediately after there I called USAA and upon receiving the paperwork from them today, they also pulled from Experian and said my credit score was 692. Then Carfinance.com sent me paperwork from a 7/27 pull saying they used Experian and it was 700. What gives? I want to get this ironed out and make sure I am being given the appropriate rates based on the appropriate score. Going up beyond 670 - just three points away, will improve my interest rates and approval options with my credit union.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Three Different Scores from Experian

They could be using different scoring models. There are many. The 700 and 692 score could be using the same model and the inquiry dropped you from 700 to 692.

Message 2 of 3
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: Three Different Scores from Experian

It's not just the CRA that matters.  You always need to consider the specific scoring model.  There isn't just one scoring model used by all creditors.  Even FICO has a number of different scoring model used by creditors.  See also the Understanding FICO Scoring subforum and its stickies as well as resources on myFICO such as:

http://www.myfico.com/Products/FICOScore8Disclaimer.html

Different models evaluate report data differently and can even have different scoring ranges so you cannot use a score generated by one model to determine a score generated by a different model.

Any model uses the data in a report to generate a score.  Changes in your report data will also have an impact on the number generated.  You had 3 EX pulls and each pull was recored as it happened which changed your EX report  with each pull.  There is a possiblity that other changes might have occurred but you'd have to verify by reviewing before and after reports to compare.

@Anonymous wrote:

Going up beyond 670 - just three points away, will improve my interest rates and approval options with my credit union.

Verify the model that your CU uses and pull that specific score to see if it has changed.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.