Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Too Many Softpulls?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Too Many Softpulls?

Im having a problem with TU and EX Fico Scores not updating. My overall utilization recently went from 40% down to 9% when I paid a balance down to zero. Equifax was the only bureau which the score increase and report change occurred same day. Both TU and EX have had the new report for over a week now and NO change in my FICO at all. I read on another forum that someones credit report stagnated due to too many softpulls (from using too many credit monitoring services) and overloaded the bureaus or something. I am sure that I cant be the only person who uses multiple monitoring apps and sites to check daily changes (yes im anal). Any help would be appreciated....to verify - I pulled new fico's before making this post.  No luck.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Too Many Softpulls?

Based on your sig, your scores increased across the board going from 40% to 8.9%, EX +24, TU +25 and EQ +36, what am I missing here?

And no, too many soft pulls can lead to split files, nothing to do with your situation.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

The score jump in my sig is actually only for EQ.....
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Soft pulls have no bearing on your FICO scores or the ability to update them.

Scores are generated based on the CRA data being used.  If you're receiving the same score and it appears to not be updating, only 1 of 2 things can be true:

1 - The CRA data isn't changing.  In your case, this would mean that the updated balances have not yet been reflected on your CR.

2 - The CRA data has changed, but that new data hasn't yet been pulled and used for the generation of your score.  Perhaps your account update appears on the bureau on the 15th, but your score was generated on the 10th 5 days prior.  If the score only updates monthly, looking at it past the 15th won't matter, as the score being displayed is still based off of a pull on the 10th. 

Message 4 of 9
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Based on your sig, your scores increased across the board going from 40% to 8.9%, EX +24, TU +25 and EQ +36, what am I missing here?

And no, too many soft pulls can lead to split files, nothing to do with your situation.

Seriously? Yikes.. Are there any DP's as to the amount at which this can occur?

I think I might go cancel a few of those useless, redundant, free monitoring tools..

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pikaboo-icu wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Seriously? Yikes.. Are there any DP's as to the amount at which this can occur?

I think I might go cancel a few of those useless, redundant, free monitoring tools..

I wouldn't worry about it, those stories are few and far, plenty of us has far more without problems, I simply mentioned it to address OP. That said, I do plan to clean house and rid of redundancies for simplicity and security, with all the data breach going on, I'm thinking the less the exposure the better.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

So after extensive research heres what Ive discovered. If you have too many softpulls on your report, it can actually become so full that there is no more space to list new softpulls. Others have had to goto great lengths to have their softpulls DELETED by the bureau. Sort of like using all the memory on your thumb drive....you cant add any more data without deleting the existing data. I dont think this is whats happening in my case but I do not want to spend the money with a direct experian pull to find out....others that this has happened to was a result of checking their credit daily at multiple monitoring sites over long periods of time

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

How many SPs are we talking here?  I've seen plenty of people with hundreds that never encountered any problems. 

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

How many soft pulls were done? I use a few free credit monitoring services, but I've never personally heard stories of using too many overwhelm one's credit file.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.