Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TransUnion I'm Coming For You LOL

tag
ScoreSizzle
Frequent Contributor

TransUnion I'm Coming For You LOL

In December my 30-Day late FINALLY falls off.

I can't wait.

It's the only negative thing on my reports. 

Cap1 Quicksilver || Amex BCP || Discover IT || Chase FU || BofA Travel || FNB Omaha Platinum Visa
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: TransUnion I'm Coming For You LOL

Cool.  I'd like to hear what sort of score improvement you see.  Most around this forum feel that there's little lasting adverse impact of a lone 30 day late payment that's nearing falling off around the 7 year mark.  I'm not sure that I've ever really heard this quantified though, so it would be great to hear your results.

Message 2 of 12
ScoreSizzle
Frequent Contributor

I feel the same, but I will definitely keep you posted and it will be updated in my signature. 

Cap1 Quicksilver || Amex BCP || Discover IT || Chase FU || BofA Travel || FNB Omaha Platinum Visa
Message 3 of 12
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

I second that...please update. My BK will be almost 5yrs when my only 30 day falls off. I tried the saturation technique to no avail. Santander sucks BTW!

Message 4 of 12
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

@ScoreSizzle wrote:

I can't wait.

Was the DoFD (Date of First Delinquency) in December? If so, you can call TU and ask for an Early Exclusion. They delete things up to 6 months before. I had 4 accounts (from 1 student loan being transferred) showing 120+ lates and I was able to get those removed 5 months early. I would have done it at the 6 month mark, but didn't know about EE's at that time. The DoFD for all of those was December 2011. All I did was call TU, ask if they could do an EE for the accounts I wanted, and literally 2 hours later they were gone. YMMV of course, but worth a shot! TU is the easiest IMO to get things removed.

I think I've found the sacred map that may lead me to this garden everyone keeps talking about.

Officially collection free as of 3/19/19!!
STARTING SCORES: 377 (11/2013) & 580 (3/2018)
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FireMedic1I tried the saturation technique to no avail. Santander sucks BTW!

How many Rounds of letters did you send out, how many letters per Round for a total of how many total letters?

Message 6 of 12
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@FireMedic1I tried the saturation technique to no avail. Santander sucks BTW!

How many Rounds of letters did you send out, how many letters per Round for a total of how many total letters?

5 sets to 5 addresses when I joined here and learned about the GW letters. I gave up 2 yrs ago. They're manily HQ'ed in Texas and mostly Delaware. They don't do any adjustments. Company policy. Even tried before I paid off the truck years ago back in 2012 saying I'd use them again for my next truck as a ploy before I know what I know now. Nope. Bye! So last truck loan and payoff was with Cap1. Only seen 1 success story out of all the stories found on the net from 2011. And it was their fault in the first place.

Message 7 of 12
ScoreSizzle
Frequent Contributor

@Queen_Etherea wrote:

@ScoreSizzle wrote:

I can't wait.

Was the DoFD (Date of First Delinquency) in December? If so, you can call TU and ask for an Early Exclusion. They delete things up to 6 months before. I had 4 accounts (from 1 student loan being transferred) showing 120+ lates and I was able to get those removed 5 months early. I would have done it at the 6 month mark, but didn't know about EE's at that time. The DoFD for all of those was December 2011. All I did was call TU, ask if they could do an EE for the accounts I wanted, and literally 2 hours later they were gone. YMMV of course, but worth a shot! TU is the easiest IMO to get things removed.

Good to know. I'll be calling on Monday to see if thye can take it off. Thank you for the heads up! 

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FireMedic1

5 sets to 5 addresses when I joined here and learned about the GW letters. I gave up 2 yrs ago. They're manily HQ'ed in Texas and mostly Delaware. They don't do any adjustments. Company policy. Even tried before I paid off the truck years ago back in 2012 saying I'd use them again for my next truck as a ploy before I know what I know now. Nope. Bye! So last truck loan and payoff was with Cap1. Only seen 1 success story out of all the stories found on the net from 2011. And it was their fault in the first place.

I'd try more Rounds if it's something you'd still like to get rid of.  I never buy the company policy and/or we don't do adjustments thing.  I was told the same thing by Synchrony and Wells Fargo many, many times, yet both of them eventually did make GW adjustments for me.  It took me probably near 200 letters to finally get them though, so it can take a bit of persistence.

Message 9 of 12
ScoreSizzle
Frequent Contributor

I upgraded from the $29.99 to the $39.99 3B+ report so I can see my scores and everything monthly and what do you know? 

My 30-Day late fell off and my score did in fact jump from a 724 to 767. 

It showed my payment history at 92% before and now it's at 100% so yes, it does in fact help. 

I am one happy dude right now, wow. 

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.