tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

TransUnion online dispute: Locked out

---------------------
Privacy Protection
Your account has been temporarily suspended

What happened:
In order to protect your privacy, access to your account has been temporarily suspended. This measure is taken when there have been too many attempts to login.

What to do:

* Order your Personal Credit Report by phone or mail.

----------------------------

Got this message when I tried to use the "Forgot your login/password?" link on this website:

http://annualcreditreport.transunion.com/entry/disputeonline

I initially tried to register, and then it said I already had an account with them (Don't remember ever signing up). Then when I went to use the "Forgot..." link, this is the message I got. I gave it a few hours, then tried it again. Same message. Gave it 24 hours, got the same message. Now it's been two days since I tried it, same message.

Anyone run across this? I've searched my emails, never gotten any registration confirmation from TransUnion, so don't know how I could have been already signed up with them.

I'm pretty confused...can't call them, don't have access to a phone at this time.

Also, I searched the forums and didn't see this topic covered.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: TransUnion online dispute: Locked out

Yes- for 6 months after TC locked me out.

Message 2 of 6
braznyc
Frequent Contributor

I was going to suggest calling them, because I got similar message and once I did I wasn't locked out anymore. I know you don't have access to a phone now, but that's how I pushed through that message.
Message 3 of 6
nathan
Frequent Contributor

I had the same problem. Just call them, they will ask you a bunch of questions to verify your id. Remember all your old addresses. i had to look up mine from old cr. If you pass their id check, they will issue a new id and password. Hope that helps.
Message 4 of 6
kalifg
New Visitor

I just wanted to let people know that I just had this happen to me as well.  The number that was provided to call (800-888-4213) was incorrect.  All you can do that is order a report.  After calling around I finally found out that the online disputes are now handled by a third party, and I got their support number (800-493-2392).  They were extremely helpful and didn't try to sell me anything.  They got my password reset quickly even though I didn't remember the email or username that I had used for the account (I haven't accessed it in 5+ years).

I hope this helps someone like me. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Perhaps a blessing in disguise.

Maybe a good incentive to use the more effective direct dispute process rather than helping them to pre-sanitize your own dispute prior to their own sanitation by way of their e-OSCAR process.

Bypass them, and send your dispute directly to the furnisher of the disputed information.......

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.