Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble removing a collection as promised

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Trouble removing a collection as promised

I learned something today I wanted to tell about, for other's in my boat...I got a collection last year (they billed wrong address) and by the time I found out, my score had plummeted (689 to 610). Of course I found out while trying to get a mortgage, after bragging about my post-bankrutcy "high" score! So, upon paying the collection agency (or "CA") the minute I found out (January), they promised to fully delete ( they were actually very nice). I knew it would take awhile to show on my report, but I have checked my credit every day since our agreement. Today, first week in May ( ! ), I get the results from my THIRD (failed) dispute, having submitted the "promise to delete" letter. STILL no removal. So I called the CA today and asked why. He said they sent the letters in January, and that I was talking to BUFOONS at the three credit reporting agencies, and that I needed to ask for a supervisor. Of course I scoffed, we all know the CA's are the evil ones. But I did it, I called and got an Equifax supervisor. POOF!! They promised to remove in 24 to 48 hours!! AFTER THREE COMPLETED DISPUTE "INVESTIGATIONS" DENIED ME! And Experian actually it removed right away! Transunion, who is STILL deferring me to a very heavily accented department, is still "investigating" (third dispute there too) and assured me they "dont operate like the other two" (EX & EQ). Obviously not!! Sounds like they may never remove it - we'll see. Okay that was looong, but bottom line, try to get an AMERICAN supervisor if in my shoes. Months of wasted time settled in two fifteen minute calls.

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.