cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two Questions About Capital One’s Bank Accounts…..

tag
ThomasJNewton
Frequent Contributor

Two Questions About Capital One’s Bank Accounts…..

Thinking about opening Capital One Checking and Savings accounts. My questions are:

1. Do they have a referral program (if so, how does one access it)? My BF is a member and we were thinking of having him refer me but could not find a link (despite seeing mentions of it).
  2. Is there a better referral option were he to refer me for a credit card?

Thanks in advance. :-D

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymalous
Valued Contributor

Re: Two Questions About Capital One’s Bank Accounts…..

Can't speak to the checking and savings, but if I login to my credit card account and click "I Want To" (with the settings icon), then under Benefits and Rewards there's a "Refer a Friend" option which gives me a (credit card specific) link I can hand out. They can't be a current or previous Capital One cardholder, and it's $100. They're really aggressive about it -- it also shows up as an alert/banner across the top when I sign in, and they send me emails every couple of weeks. Also, I sometimes get a pop up when I sign in encouraging me to refer people to a student card, but it doesn't mention a referral bonus.

Message 2 of 3
ThomasJNewton
Frequent Contributor

Re: Two Questions About Capital One’s Bank Accounts…..

@Anonymalous wrote:

Can't speak to the checking and savings, but if I login to my credit card account and click "I Want To" (with the settings icon), then under Benefits and Rewards there's a "Refer a Friend" option which gives me a (credit card specific) link I can hand out.

Cool, found that one, thanks.

They can't be a current or previous Capital One cardholder, and it's $100.

I wonder if it ever resets. I have a vague recollection about having one of their cards 20-something years ago, but it has been a really long time and I am not sure it was them. :-)

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.