Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA CreditCheck Premium

tag
laz98
Senior Contributor

USAA CreditCheck Premium

i just signed up for this service since it offers daily updating........holy crap!  the format of this is terrible.

apparently most of my accounts report differently to each bureau, so instead of side-by-side comparisons, pretty much all of my revolving accounts show up on 2-3 different lines as if they were entirely different accounts.  what a pain!

i guess i will cancel after the first month.  i'm really disappointed, i was wanting to cancel my truecredit.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: USAA CreditCheck Premium

Yes, the main advantge of monthly credit montoring is NOT FICO score tracking,  It is to pick up potentital identity theft postings to indiv CRAs that you can quickly deal with.  If a commercial credit report did not clearly isolate for me each CRA, individually, it would be a waste of my money.

Message 2 of 10
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

If I recall correctly, the format is just like CCT. Unfortunately, CCT is one of the last daily pullers. If that's your goal, then your options are limited. I lost NCID last year and went on a quest to find the best CMS. That quest resulted in the CMS thread. Per reporting, it is annoying. You might have negative accounts that appear positive because of the limited two year history. The formatting is less than desirable. And you may have some accounts that report totally opposite from what your FICO report or what the CRA would show if pulled from there. But at the very least you can see if there are new TLs, dropped TLs, balance updates, CL updates, recent payment history, etc. Plus it's a daily puller.

Message 3 of 10
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Yep, pretty much all my 3-in-1's look like that. You have to hop up and down, matching up the accounts. They're all in there, though.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 10
laz98
Senior Contributor

that's so weird that they do that!  on truecredit, only my orchard accounts report that way.  but now with usaa, my orchard accounts & all of my gemb accounts report that way.  i think my midland baddie reports that way as well.  how weird!

but as llecs said, i just want to be able to pull daily & see what changes, so i will probably keep it for that reason alone.  only being able to update my transunion report sucks!

Message 5 of 10
JagerBombs89
Established Contributor

With CreditCheck Premium... My USAA Credit Card (as well as most of my accounts) reported as:

Experian: USAA FSB

Equifax: USAA Fed Sav Bank

TransUnion: USAA

Kinda annoying =\

Message 6 of 10
laz98
Senior Contributor

@JagerBombs89 wrote:

With CreditCheck Premium... My USAA Credit Card (as well as most of my accounts) reported as:

Kinda annoying =\

ROFLMAO........they don't even report their own accounts correctly???  HAHAHAHAAH!!!!

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@laz98 wrote:

@JagerBombs89 wrote:

Kinda annoying =\

ROFLMAO........they don't even report their own accounts correctly???  HAHAHAHAAH!!!!

No, it's not the creditor that causes this issue.

When each creditor subscribes to a credit bureau they are assigned a name by that particular credit bureau.  Some, like Chase and Discover, are lucky because their name is so simple that it is almost un-screwupable.

But with USAA Federal Savings Bank each credit bureau will shorten it and you end up with USAA FSB, USAA Bank or just USAA.

Message 8 of 10
laz98
Senior Contributor

that's interesting, O6!  i just figured they would use the same info.  but that does explain things.  i always thought things showed up in different places because of how they mask your account numbers.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@laz98 wrote:

that's interesting, O6!  i just figured they would use the same info.  but that does explain things.  i always thought things showed up in different places because of how they mask your account numbers.

I think it's based more on name or subscriber number than anything else. 

I have never seen a three-in-one where all creditors lined up perfectly.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.