Did you mean: 

Unable to Find Credit Score?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unable to Find Credit Score?

Hi all!

This is my first post here!

A few months ago I was in the market for a new car (got an awesome 2018 Honda CRV YAY!). I've had a Discover credit card for 5.5 years, never missed a payment, never missed a utility payment, never missed a rent payment, never missed any payments on anything. Also my balance on my credit card hovers around $250 out of a $12000 limit. I also had a nice sized down payment. When they went to financing, I ended up having to ask my mom to be a co-signer for me because they were unable to find a credit score, despite having a CC for 5+ years. They also pulled my credit 4 times while in the process of trying to get me a loan *le sigh*

According to CK I have a TransUnion score of 745 and an Equifax score of 752, and my Discover monthly Fico Score 8 is at 762. I realize that these aren't the most accurate, but I figured it was safe to assume that my score would be at least 700+

Now I'm traveling to Europe in the near future and was hoping to get a card that's more widely accepted in Europe than my Discover, in case of emergencies. One of my friends who travels a lot (who also has a MUCH lower credit score than I do), recommended the Capital One Quicksilver card, which she was approved for in the past. I applied last night and got the dreaded 7-10 day message, and when I called this morning I was told I had been denied and my reason would come in the mail in the next 7-10 business days. I assume it's once again that they are unable to find my credit score. Why would this be happening after having a CC for 5+ years and now having made several months of on-time car payments? 

Thanks for any insight!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Unable to Find Credit Score?

Did you verify you SS#? Any other names that you are known as? Order your annual free credit reports.  Good luck! Is the name on your Discover card your complete name? You may wish to check these. Good luck.

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, my SS# was correct and my discover has my full name with middle initial. I go by a nickname with my family & friends but on any legal or financial documents, I've always used my full name. 

I ordered my reports and, unless I'm reading them wrong, they all appeared to be accurate. Part of the reason I'm so confused!

Thanks for the feedback!

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you ever received any other credit card offers from Discover or any other credit card company?

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I receive them all the time! In the last month, I've gotten 2 from AMEX, 1 from Discover and 1 from Capitol One (for the Venture card) that said I was "preapproved". 

This situation worries me because I'm in the process of saving up a down payment to buy a house in the next couple of years. I thought I had been doing everything correctly in order to set myself up for financial success and be able to get a mortgage, but apparently, there's a disconnect somewhere if I can't even get another credit card and had trouble getting a car loan by myself!

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would definitely get your credit reports from all three. You are allowed a free one every year from annual credit report. Then you can fix whatever errors there are with the credit bureaus directly.
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

You may wish to do some checking on this site, but to my understanding there is another credit score for auto loans.

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I know. But from my understanding, it's still one of the FICO models. 

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's the thing, I got my reports shortly after the car incident and I didn't see anything that looked incorrect :-(

Message 9 of 11
JVille
Valued Contributor

Quit guessing, either pull a 3 Bureau report now or go into your local credit union ( hope you belong to one) and have them pull your credit and see exactly what’s wrong. Something is causing this and you need an expert to figure it out. And frankly you are not that expert. Yes you are entitled to a free Annual Credit report but that does not include REAL FICO scores. Have you disputed something on your report, locked or frozen your CR? Something sounds very wrong.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.