Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to get Equifax to Delete a false collection - 3 attempts

tag
Eddie24CO
Valued Member

Unable to get Equifax to Delete a false collection - 3 attempts

Hello:

I was wondering if anyone had any advice on how to go about this. I had a collection report on my Equifax in March 2016 from a company called NCC Business Services. They are collecting on an apartment community that i have never resided at or signed a lease with. This account dates back to April 2012. When it appeared in 2012 I immediately disputed it and they removed/deleted it from my account.

This has never appeared on any other CRA.

I have had issues disputing this with Equifax and every time they come back saying they verified the debt even though I have requested that proof (legal contract with my signature, previous payments etc.) be provided. I have even quoted the FCRA paragraph regarding re-reporting a collection that was removed.

Equifax just says they have verified the information belongs to me.

I reached out to the collection agency via phone and email and they have also failed to provide PROOF of this alleged debt.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what steps should I take now after 3 times of sending a dispute requesitng proof to try and get this removed?

Thanks in advance Smiley Happy

Current FICO Scores as of June 2022:
Experian: 720
Equifax: 721
TransUnion: 719
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Unable to get Equifax to Delete a false collection - 3 attempts

If its not yours use the ID Theft provisions laid out in the FCRA to have it excluded from your report, its pretty quick

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/Victim-of-Identity-Theft-What-To-Do-to-Protect...

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.