Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unauthorized - authorized user?

tag
SkyCommander
Frequent Contributor

Unauthorized - authorized user?

I got an alert on my TransUnion that I have 2 authorized users added to my Chase cards. I don't have any authorized users so I'm claiming this to be fraud. Chase says I have no authorized user accounts but when I spoke to TransUnion they say I do. TU says they are doing a 30 day investigation about it but that doesn't solve the issue that someone opened authorized user cards at Chase.

Is this something I have to go after Chase about because if Chase reports this to TU then it must be someone there has access to this information? My 3 credit files are frozen but I had a temporary thaw to apply for another card.

Chase Hyatt | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Chase Freedom Unlimited | Amex ED | Amex Hilton | Amex Bonvoy | BoA Amtrak | CapOne Quicksilver
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Unauthorized - authorized user?

I have my kids as AUs on a few of my cards and have never received an alert that they’ve been added. This wasn’t an alert that new TLs showed up on your report as YOU being the AU on someone else’s card, right?

Message 2 of 18
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Yes I am confused, DH and I are AUs on each other's accounts and I have never received an alert?
EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 3 of 18
HighAchiever
Established Contributor

Yeah, definitely go back and re-read the alert to make sure you haven't been added as an AU to someone's else account. Smiley Happy

“Most people work just hard enough not to get fired and get paid just enough not to quit.”
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Inquiries: Experian - 4 | Equifax - 3 | TransUnion - 3

Message 4 of 18
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

I suspect this was the addition of someone else's accounts to the prior points; AFAIK there's no notation on credit bureaus that someone else is a AU on your account.  Would be happily proven wrong though if anyone does know of one haha.

        
Message 5 of 18
SkyCommander
Frequent Contributor

Credit Karma- According to your TransUnion credit report, someone added you as an authorized user for their JPMCB CARD credit card

Credit Sesame- A creditor has reported that an authorized user has been added to a new or existing account.

TU- Same as what CS says

Chase- You aren't an authorized user and you don't have any authorized users on your account.

The CLs on those cards don't match what I have.

897.jpg

Chase Hyatt | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Chase Freedom Unlimited | Amex ED | Amex Hilton | Amex Bonvoy | BoA Amtrak | CapOne Quicksilver
Message 6 of 18
SkyCommander
Frequent Contributor

I can't be AU on someone else's card because I haven't taken part in any of that just as no one is AU under my cards. Applied for a new Chase card and was denied. Applied for Amex and was approved. My 2 Chase cards I've had for 3-4 years.

Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

CK clearly states YOU were added as an AU to someone’s account. If this was true, you should see a corresponding AU TL on your report?  Anything showing?

Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SkyCommander wrote:

I can't be AU on someone else's card because I haven't taken part in any of that just as no one is AU under my cards. Applied for a new Chase card and was denied. Applied for Amex and was approved. My 2 Chase cards I've had for 3-4 years.

AU accounts, from some lenders, do not require unique identifiers (such as SSN) to match up to reports. This is done by common identifiers such as name, DOB, address. I’m sure this is a fairly accurate system, but a common name with a matching DOB could result in an error, I suppose. 

Message 9 of 18
SkyCommander
Frequent Contributor

When I follow the link the CK email provides me to "confirm the details" nothing different appears. All my open cards and limits are there.

It was when I called TU they told me someone was added as an AU to my account.

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.