Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update on Just need to vent . . .

tag
miz
Contributor

Update on Just need to vent . . .

I got the call from the landlord and they DO want to rent to us!!! WHEW.  She actually said she prefers to give us a bigger apartment that is opening up in a week (as long as we can wait) for our family so we are more comfortable.  I am SO RELIEVED.  The other night when we went to look at the apartment, we had dropped our children off at the local pool while we looked.  We then joined them when we were done, and she (potential landlord) and her husband were there.  She came up to me and asked me if that was my son while pointing directly at my middle child.  I said yes.  She proceeded to tell me how polite he was to her in line to the slides to take her 2-year-old child down the slide.  He stepped aside and allowed her and her 2-year-old to go before him.  She kept commenting on how polite he was.  I told her that was good to hear (something didn't bounce off his beautiful head).  Now, I am not saying that she decided to rent to us because of my son's actions, but it's good feeling that they can take a look at our credit report and still want to rent to us, and I don't think it hurt that she got to see my kids and how they do act.  It's not all black and white!!!  THANKS AGAIN TO ALL OF YOU FOR YOUR KIND WORDS AND SUPPORT.  I cannot believe no one scolded me for my bad credit!!!!!!  I LOVE THIS WEBSITE!!!!
Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Update on Just need to vent . . .

Just goes to show that FICO, while important, is not the final arbiter of all such decisions in the universe.

Congratulations on your new rental.
Message 2 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow!!  The human touch works after all.  Your son should get an increase in his allowance Smiley Very Happy
I'm happy you guys are going to be ok....it's awesome.

And as for getting on you about your score, we can't be scolding you when many of us are in the same if not worse position.  We're here because we're trying to do something about it.

Message 3 of 25
miz
Contributor

Thank you. 
Message 4 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! I am so happy to hear that you got the apartment. You and your family sure deserve it. I hope a lot more blessings come your way. Smiley Wink  I love hearing success stories like yours.
Message 5 of 25
JuliaPR
Established Member

Congratulations! So glad to hear about your son, there are so many kids out there who do not have manners (crappy parenting skills I guess). Good luck in your new home and kudos on raising your children properly.
Message 6 of 25
miz
Contributor

You guys are choking me up . . . Smiley Very Happy but in a very good way!!!
Message 7 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

miz wrote:
...She kept commenting on how polite he was.  I told her that was good to hear (something didn't bounce off his beautiful head).  Now, I am not saying that she decided to rent to us because of my son's actions, but it's good feeling that they can take a look at our credit report and still want to rent to us, and I don't think it hurt that she got to see my kids and how they do act.

Congrats!  But I think you're wrong. I think she decided to rent to you precisely because of your son's good behavior.  She saw he was raised properly, figured you were good people, and decided that mattered more than some number.
Message 8 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Choked up when I read the post to begin with. 
Can you feel the love?!
Message 9 of 25
miz
Contributor

Oh yea . . . my heart is full.
Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.