Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updated scores

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Updated scores

First post, so be gentle.

I was added as an authorized user to my wife’s grandparents account through Chase. We called Chase and were told they 100% report to all 3 bureaus.

Thursday, my equifax was updated. It jumped 40 points. I noticed it on credit karma and it showed the Chase account was added.. Transunion and experian have not updated yet. Chase told us sometimes they don’t all update the same day and it can take anywhere from 3-5 days after they receive the info. Has anyone found this to be true?

We are waiting for these scores to update so we can purchase a home.
7 REPLIES 7
thornback
Senior Contributor

Re: Updated scores

Yes, totally normal for the difference in bureau updating to be anywhere from 1-2 days to a week or two -- which can be frustrating when you are expecting a significant change. Unfortunately, all you can do is wait it out.

Good luck!
Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you Equifax score jump 40 points on Credit Karma?

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes. We’re not worried about the score because we know CK isn’t accurate. We just use it to track accounts
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Found Trans Union was always the last to update and it could take seven to ten calendar days for me. Experian runs one day and Equifax about three days.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

That’s so weird. Equifax was the first to update. We’re waiting on expierian and transunion
Message 6 of 8
DebtJoe
Regular Contributor

Just an FYI, if I'm not mistaken (someone else with more experience chime in please!) mortgage underwriters usually don't use AU accounts when determining if your profile is mortgage eligible. Not sure if this is gonna help you having those AU accounts on your profile.

8/1/2018 FICO Scores:

6/29/2021 FICO Scores:
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Our Lender is actually the one who recommended it and wanted us to!
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.