Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UtI while gardening

tag
Andypanda
Established Contributor

UtI while gardening

I hope this is is the right forum. 

Just forced into to the garden until I get below 5/24 in nov 2020. Hopeing to get some cli's on my cards in the meantime. should I worry about my uti (do not plan on going above 28.9%). Do cards want to see usage, or should I keep my uti below 8.9% to improve my score, and pay a couple of times a month, figuring that the CC issuers will see the usage, even if I pay a couple of times a month?

Tgabks for the help,

Andy

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Re: UtI while gardening

In general, I would say that you definitely want to use the cards heavily, but then don't let them report with more than 8.9%. Use them as much as you can, but pay frequently to avoid reporting high usage. 

Many people would also advocate letting all but one of them report a zero balance and let a single card report the 8.9 or less. Personally I don't mind letting them all report balances as long as the balances are small.

Good luck! 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 2 of 7
Andypanda
Established Contributor

My understanding is azeo is benifical for mortgage/auto loans, but has little effect. I have enen seen cases here on mf peope being denied a clu with azeo, because the cc issuer things if all balence are zeo expect 1, then there is no need for a cli.

Message 3 of 7
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

I think that up to 28.9% on any given card is fine if your scores are fine when you do that. If you think you need some points, move closer to AZEO.

Generally, it helps to spend heavily. And it probably doesn't matter much if you cut a large, a small, or no balance at statement time.

Which cards are you looking to increase? Members here could probably offer up advice specific to each bank.

Message 4 of 7
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Meh.

If you are actually planning to garden (ie, NOT apply for anything) it really doesn't matter much.

Keeping reported balances under 8.9% WILL result in a higher score, but utilization has no memory...so if it serves you better and/or makes your life easier to let higher balances report...let them report.

You'll want to worry about utilization when you are getting ready to apply.

Good luck!

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tcbofade wrote:

Meh.

If you are actually planning to garden (ie, NOT apply for anything) it really doesn't matter much.

Keeping reported balances under 8.9% WILL result in a higher score, but utilization has no memory...so if it serves you better and/or makes your life easier to let higher balances report...let them report.

Good luck!

Annnnnddddd this is the anwser I was waiting for Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@tcbofade wrote:

Meh.

Good luck!

Annnnnddddd this is the anwser I was waiting for Smiley Happy

Ditto. IMO, while gardening there's no reason to micromanage things. That is your vacation time from credit worries. Smiley Wink

It's when you come out of the garden and are ready to apply, is when you want to be under 8.9% or practice AZEO at least one cycle before an app.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.