cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vantage Score - do they not have buckets?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Vantage Score - do they not have buckets?

My very last collections fell off of Transunion and my score did not move. One of them was a bit over $100 and the other about $50. I think it's funny they are gone and my score is the same. Not that it really matters but it is curious.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Vantage Score - do they not have buckets?

My EQ has a judgement still showing and it's the almost  the  same as my EX score, which doesn't-everything else the same.  My TU is clean and has a much older average age of accounts, and it's the lowest of the three by a considerable amount.  Vantage is a strange bird for sure.  They definitely have some sort of byzantine bucketing system in play. 

Message 2 of 16
sarge12
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My very last collections fell off of Transunion and my score did not move. One of them was a bit over $100 and the other about $50. I think it's funny they are gone and my score is the same. Not that it really matters but it is curious.

Collection accounts under 100 dollars are not even considered at all on most scoring models.

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ fico bankcard08=832 07/16/23
TU Fico Bankcard 08=840 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
EQ Resilience index score=58 03/09/21
Unknown score from EX=784 used by Cap1 07/10/20
Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Were both collections ones you paid?  Vantage ignores paid collections -- of any amount.

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

The larger one was paid. That explains why my score didn't move!
Message 6 of 16
cuthatcard
Frequent Contributor

I had a medical collection fall off of EX and EQ. EX went up on FICO by about 85 points but ...I did add a CC too ! 

EQ...on Vantage had me at 728, with the same information.  When the medical fell off, my FICO was at 658, same information.  TU-FICO = 761, Vantage =693 ! Same info ! 

FICO :November 2016
TU-761 EQ 756. EX - 749
No Baddies
QS1 -$2,000. Care Credit $9,600.00 CHASE Freedom $3,000.00 Discover IT $1,000.00
Inq TU 4 EQ 3 EX 2
Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

My FICO for Transunion just reported - it's up 50 points!! So I think I can live with the Vantage score not moving. Smiley LOL

@cuthatcard wrote:

I had a medical collection fall off of EX and EQ. EX went up on FICO by about 85 points but ...I did add a CC too ! 

EQ...on Vantage had me at 728, with the same information.  When the medical fell off, my FICO was at 658, same information.  TU-FICO = 761, Vantage =693 ! Same info ! 

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good for you, CK.

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

On the Vantage front, something mildly amusing. I signed up for a month of Transunion to more effectively stalk my account changes for the next month. From yesterday to today, my score dropped 2 points. What changed, I wondered? So I do a comparison report. NOTHING is different except my old charged off, settled TXU account is off it now. Nothing else changed. Seriously? A charge off dropping off can lower your Vantage score? I'm glad this score is basically useless, much like Equifax's proprietary score, on which my score was over 100 points lower than my FICO 8!

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.