Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vantage score what a joke

tag
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Vantage score what a joke

I swear vantage 3.0 keeps me amused at least . I was checking my CK saw score went back up 43 points (mind you I lose theses points weekly and then regain) I checked to see what’s changed a HP, yes a HP gained me 43 points 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I do love it for the monitoring aspect, but their scoring is beyond a joke .
EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Vantage score what a joke

Congratulations on your success!

Message 2 of 27
AllZero
Mega Contributor

I was in a similar situation. I took a hard pull and gained points. I was digging through my VS reports but couldn't find it.
Message 3 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Today is the first of the month so lots of score increases and decreases threads popping up. Today my oldest account on EQ aged off. My AoOA dropped from 18 years to 2 years and that gave me 5, FICO points 🧐 and took away 24 Vantage points 😒

Scorecard reassignment I think.

Message 4 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jnbmom wrote:
I swear vantage 3.0 keeps me amused at least . I was checking my CK saw score went back up 43 points (mind you I lose theses points weekly and then regain) I checked to see what’s changed a HP, yes a HP gained me 43 points 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I saw all 3 bureau VS3 scores go up +44 points at AAoA / AoYA 3 months, as calculated according to VS3 aging which is 1 month behind what myFICO or Experian will report on my profile. (Cards opened Dec 20 and Dec 23 2018 are not backdated to Dec 1 with VS3.)

My VS3 scores are really stable and I think it's because I don't have any open installment loans - just 2 open revolving.

Message 5 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Today is the first of the month so lots of score increases and decreases threads popping up. Today my oldest account on EQ aged off. My AoOA dropped from 18 years to 2 years and that gave me 5, FICO points 🧐 and took away 24 Vantage points 😒

Scorecard reassignment I think.

If your profile is clean, I'm almost certain that would cause scorecard reassignment, unless the line between young and old is at 2 years, which I suppose is possible, considering fico is designed to predict the likelihood of defauly in the next 24 months I've read. But, most theorize the breakpoint is between 10-15 years. Wish you had before and after scores for the variants. If so, can you see if any other variants changed. I'd really expect more of a point change for that. What was your before and after AAoA?
Message 6 of 27
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Jnbmom wrote:

I saw all 3 bureau VS3 scores go up +44 points at AAoA / AoYA 3 months, as calculated according to VS3 aging which is 1 month behind what myFICO or Experian will report on my profile. (Cards opened Dec 20 and Dec 23 2018 are not backdated to Dec 1 with VS3.)

My VS3 scores are really stable and I think it's because I don't have any open installment loans - just 2 open revolving.

Are you sure about that?  Last I checked it was the bureaus that did open month/year but I honestly haven't looked at my base reports in years (hasn't been any need TBH).

        
Message 7 of 27
Duke_Nukem
Established Contributor

My DW and my own VS3 move around more than Fico8, but only by a few points.  VS3 does seem to be a little more sensitive to minor changes than Fico8 does.

However, our VS4 is like a pinball bouncing all over the place.  Even though our VS3 may change 1 or 2 points during a week (thru multiple sources, not just CK), the VS4 that Synchrony displays moves up and down wildly (doing a pull every day or two with the enroll/unenroll trick).  I just don't see how a lender would want to trust VS4 with the wild swings I'm seeing (100+ points within a week's time).

Message 8 of 27
donkort
Valued Contributor

At this point, my TransUnion Vantage 3 is at 635, and my TransUnion Fico 8 is at 724, a 89 point difference.
FICO 8: EQ 810; TU 816; EX 822 as of 7/5/2022
Message 9 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Revelate wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Are you sure about that?  Last I checked it was the bureaus that did open month/year but I honestly haven't looked at my base reports in years (hasn't been any need TBH).

Yes, I'm positive. myFICO and Experian had AoYA 4mos when that happened with my VS3 scores. CK, credit.com (EX VS3), and Wallethub had it at 3mos. Nothing happened with my VS3 scores like it did with virtually all of my FICO scores at a myFICO calculated AoYA 3mo. That makes sense, because it was only AoYA 2mo with VS3.

Maybe VS3 takes the midpoint of a month and if you're on the later end of that it doesn't backdate. I didn't want to generalize at the time, but it looks like this could be a big source for a lot of the VS3/F8 score discrepancies

Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.