Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WTH????

tag
adavis425
Established Contributor

WTH????

I had a potentially negative closed account deleted from my EQ CR and the score dropped by 62!!!!!!! points! WTH??!! Smiley Mad  Why?? Does anyone know? I disputed this same account with TU. Will that score also fall when this account is deleted?

AmEx Platinum | AmEx BCP | AmEx Delta Gold | CSP | Chase Freedom | NFCU cashRewards Visa Sig | NFCU Plat MC | WM MC | Discover it | JCP

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: WTH????

Are you certain that nothing else changed on your reports ?  Was this account much older than the rest of your accounts on your CRs ?

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 11
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Do they still have your file marked with an unresolved dispute flag?

Until that flag is lifted, your scoring is not based on your complete file, and thus is meaningless.

Message 3 of 11
LS2982
Mega Contributor

What kind of a account was this and how old was it??

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 11
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@adavis425 wrote:

I had a potentially negative closed account deleted from my EQ CR and the score dropped by 62!!!!!!! points! WTH??!! Smiley Mad  Why?? Does anyone know? I disputed this same account with TU. Will that score also fall when this account is deleted?

Was this your EQ FICO score? If so, what were the negatives on the report with the higher score, and what are the negatives on the report with the low score?

Was this your oldest account?

Was it a CC still reporting a CL, and if so, did your revolving util change when you lost that CL?

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 11
adavis425
Established Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@adavis425 wrote:

Was this your EQ FICO score? If so, what were the negatives on the report with the higher score, and what are the negatives on the report with the low score?

Was this your oldest account?

Was it a CC still reporting a CL, and if so, did your revolving util change when you lost that CL?

Here is the info from the report.  Not a FICO score, but is it relative? Can I be certain that FICO score also went down even if not as drastically? This account was deleted from EQ, but it is not the oldest and not reporting a CL. If this was a cc the limit would not have more than a few hundred dollars. I don't remember the account which is why I disputed it.  AND it was potentially negative info! It's already been deleted from TU with no adverse reaction. What gives? Maybe I should have left it alone. Smiley Sad

HSBC BANK

Potentially Negative Closed

EquifaxExperianTransUnion®

Account NameHSBC BANKNo Data Returned
For This Bureau
No Data Returned
For This Bureau
Account #                       52683500XXXX
Account TypeRevolving account
Balance$789.00
Date Opened4/17/2007
AmEx Platinum | AmEx BCP | AmEx Delta Gold | CSP | Chase Freedom | NFCU cashRewards Visa Sig | NFCU Plat MC | WM MC | Discover it | JCP

Message 6 of 11
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@adavis425 wrote:

Here is the info from the report.  Not a FICO score, but is it relative? Can I be certain that FICO score also went down even if not as drastically? This account was deleted from EQ, but it is not the oldest and not reporting a CL. If this was a cc the limit would not have more than a few hundred dollars. I don't remember the account which is why I disputed it.  AND it was potentially negative info! It's already been deleted from TU with no adverse reaction. What gives? Maybe I should have left it alone. Smiley Sad

No ~ there is no way to link FAKO scores back to FICO ~  It is just as possible that your FICO score didn't drop at all, or even increased.  

Anytime that an account drops from your credit reports there is a possiblity that your Average Age of Accounts ( AAoA ) will be decreased, which might lower your FICO score.    But don't assume that you can correlate a large FAKO drop into a large FICO drop.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 7 of 11
RecoveringShopaholic
New Contributor

I disputed and got deleted a CA and my EQ dropped 1 point.  I wish I would've known before I wasted $ getting an updated CR.  The only other updates were SL accounts that were incorrectly reporting IIB, and I got them to report pays as agreed with zero lates. Any particular reason the score dropped and didnt increase, even a couple of points from this positivity?

Starting Score: 479 (TU) 481 (EQ) 508 (EX FAKO) November 2011
Current Score: 687 (TU 3/26/2012 Lender pull) 658 (EQ 3/15/12 Score Watch) 640 (EX FAKO)
Goal Score: 740+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 8 of 11
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

One way to know for sure is to purchase your scores from here to see where you truly stand.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 9 of 11
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

@pizzadude wrote:

@adavis425 wrote:

No ~ there is no way to link FAKO scores back to FICO ~  It is just as possible that your FICO score didn't drop at all, or even increased.  

Anytime that an account drops from your credit reports there is a possiblity that your Average Age of Accounts ( AAoA ) will be decreased, which might lower your FICO score.    But don't assume that you can correlate a large FAKO drop into a large FICO drop.

+1.  In October my Transrisk score dropped from 787 to 712.  No idea why.  Same day, my Vantage score increased from 809 to 834.  Nothing happened to my FICO scores.  Don't pay too much mind to FAKO scores.   

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.