Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting... waiting... Bueller... Bueller

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Waiting... waiting... Bueller... Bueller

Middle of Febuary hubby and I started our credit journey. (We were in a financial position to become homeowners but never bothered with credit)
We started by pulling our credit reports and found that our reports were full of nothing. No good, no bad just nothingness 😕
I found this forum and began obsessively reading. Hubby got a secured discover card and added me as an AU. We got a joint unsecured card at our credit union and a small personal loan from them. (Even without a score).

Now we are waiting and waiting... the wait to see our real scores is driving me bonkers. Hopefully we will have a score in Sept. Anyone else go through the wait game? How did you avoid going crazy?
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Waiting... waiting... Bueller... Bueller

What is the Date Opened on your oldest account?  (Sounds like that might be the Discover or the loan.)  If it is Feb 28 or earlier, then on March 1 FICO considered the account to be one month old.  Therefore on Aug 1 the account will be considered six months old and you will have FICO scores.

I would pull your three FICO 8 scores on Aug 2 via the $1 trial at Credit Check Total.

Is your CC utilization in the 1-8% range?

Message 2 of 9
Cookiegrabber
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Now we are waiting and waiting... the wait to see our real scores is driving me bonkers. Hopefully we will have a score in Sept. Anyone else go through the wait game? How did you avoid going crazy?

I started working on US credit again back in March. Same thing here, my files were old but they were blank and had no score. Well, ha(ve) no score, since I still don't have them, lol. I don't manage the wait -- the wait manages me. I have already become half crazy.

Starting Scores: No Scores (03/2018)
Current Scores: 779 - 789 (08/2023)
Goal Scores: 780 across the board

Current Total Credit Limit: $109,900 (08/2023)
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit guy...
Our discover secured was first and it was in March. The loan and the visa from our credit union were at the beginning of June.
We've been using the discover card for gas only and only letting it report a 5-12% balance. The other two haven't reported yet. Our plan is implement Azeo once everything is reporting regularly.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mitsuhashi...
When do you expect to see scores for yourself?

I had to take a short break from these forums to help me stop obsessing ovef it all. Hahaha
Message 5 of 9
Cookiegrabber
Regular Contributor

wrote:
Mitsuhashi...

I dunno,  I just figured it'll be October/November?

What really confused me in the beginning was that VS 3.0 scores were issued as soon as the DCU SSL started reporting, followed by a couple CUs pegging me at 600 FICO in their denial letters, then followed by free FICO scores being "unavailable" at DCU and Discover. The latter got me thinking something was wrong my credit reports, so I got into cleaning up old misspelled addresses on all 3 CRAs. The cleanup is still ongoing because Equifax doesn't think I'm me, lol.

Starting Scores: No Scores (03/2018)
Current Scores: 779 - 789 (08/2023)
Goal Scores: 780 across the board

Current Total Credit Limit: $109,900 (08/2023)
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cookiegrabber wrote:
 wrote:
Mitsuhashi...

I dunno,  I just figured it'll be October/November?

What really confused me in the beginning was that VS 3.0 scores were issued as soon as the DCU SSL started reporting, followed by a couple CUs pegging me at 600 FICO in their denial letters, then followed by free FICO scores being "unavailable" at DCU and Discover. The latter got me thinking something was wrong my credit reports, so I got into cleaning up old misspelled addresses on all 3 CRAs. The cleanup is still ongoing because Equifax doesn't think I'm me, lol.

Well ... are you me? Smiley Surprised

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

My understanding is that it usually takes 6 months of credit activity to generate a score.

Here's hoping we both get scores soon! 🍸
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

As a matter of fact, I love reading these forums when I'm trying to wait something out. I absorb all the information I possibly can for the next steps I want to take when the wait is over. Also, certain posts remind me why I'm waiting in the first place.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.