Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WalletHub scores

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

WalletHub scores

WalletHub.JPG

Geez, I know these aren't FICO scores but who would've thought that paying off a line of credit and bringing utilization down significantly would impact this the wrong way lol (meanwhile EX FICO 8 went up 12 points to 714 for the same reason).

From what I read on WalletHub, this is actually TU VantageScore 3.  I think all of these 3rd party scores should be banned since they really give people the wrong impression about where they're at.  TU FICO 8 is 695 (so a 40 point difference).

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: WalletHub scores

It seems you know that's a TU VS3 score and definitely not a Fico score, so definitely no reason to pay it any mind.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

It seems you know that's a TU VS3 score and definitely not a Fico score, so definitely no reason to pay it any mind.

It does seem like some banks (can't remember off the top of my head) are switching over to VS scores (aside from Sync using VS4), so I am thinking it is time to start paying attention to them, at least for me. 

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It does seem like some banks (can't remember off the top of my head) are switching over to VS scores (aside from Sync using VS4), so I am thinking it is time to start paying attention to them, at least for me. 

There are plenty of banks that provide VS scores but that doesn't mean they will ever use them.  I like US Bank's statement.

us.JPG

Message 4 of 5
Iusedtolurk
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

There are plenty of banks that provide VS scores but that doesn't mean they will ever use them.  I like US Bank's statement.

us.JPG

So True! Most Credit cards will give you a Vantage score but they also state it is not the score they use when managing your account.

But I like services like Credit Karma and Wallethub because of the more detailed actions (and tips) and Extra Info provided that occur with your accounts.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.