Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart FICO vs Myfico Score?!

tag
cassett
Contributor

Walmart FICO vs Myfico Score?!

My score from walmart and Myfico both updated today. My walmart TU fico is 652 while Myfico TU is 640.

What gives here? Ihave done a lot of searches and no one seems to have the answer. Some say myfico is tu98 some say it is tu08. While walmart is tu08.

So which is correct? And if they are the same.. then why the point difference?

Starting Score: EQ 8/14 545
Current Score: EQ 640
Goal Score:650 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Walmart FICO vs Myfico Score?!

@cassett wrote:

My score from walmart and Myfico both updated today. My walmart TU fico is 652 while Myfico TU is 640.

What gives here? Ihave done a lot of searches and no one seems to have the answer. Some say myfico is tu98 some say it is tu08. While walmart is tu08.

Both scores represent the TU Fico 08 score.  The difference in scores is just related to when each of the two checked yor scores.  Credit scores change and vary quite often so it's not unusual for two different scores from agencies providing thrm for you.

Message 2 of 4
cassett
Contributor

**edit**

Now that i look at it. Even though TU myfico updated today. the date on it is from two days ago. Also. only my walmart card was added as a new account and not cap one yet..

So im guessing you are correct! Makes sense now. Capital one probably reported and that caused the 12 point jump.

Thanks!

Starting Score: EQ 8/14 545
Current Score: EQ 640
Goal Score:650 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@cassett wrote:

As stated above they're both TU 08.  Keep in mind it's not just the CRA and scoring model but the data as well.  Credit isn't static.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.