Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What about us subprimers...

tag
Eric958
Established Contributor

What about us subprimers...

Eq 640 EX 646 tU 639 2 Paid co will drop 12/08 2 paid judge from 03 and 05 =$300 2 unpaid co from 03 = $185 Auto 12/05= $17000/$29000 Aspen cc 12/06= $1/$350 AF$89 Orchard 5/07= $79/$300 AF$49 CU loan 06/07= $1500/$1500 H Depot 06/07= $500/$1000 Carecredit5/07= $1000/$1000 Inquiries past 6 mths EQ 10 EX 3 TU 1 Can't seem to qualify for any cc with limits over $500, do I need to age the 2 cc I have first or is my credit just down right nasty? Do you have to own a home to qualify for the higher limits? Any suggestions? I think I have to many Inquiries to try for cc's. As you can see I only have 2 accts more then 6 mths old. E!

Never Give Up!!
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: What about us subprimers...

@Eric958 wrote:
Eq 640 EX 646 tU 639 2 Paid co will drop 12/08 2 paid judge from 03 and 05 =$300 2 unpaid co from 03 = $185 Auto 12/05= $17000/$29000 Aspen cc 12/06= $1/$350 AF$89 Orchard 5/07= $79/$300 AF$49 CU loan 06/07= $1500/$1500 H Depot 06/07= $500/$1000 Carecredit5/07= $1000/$1000 Inquiries past 6 mths EQ 10 EX 3 TU 1 Can't seem to qualify for any cc with limits over $500, do I need to age the 2 cc I have first or is my credit just down right nasty? Do you have to own a home to qualify for the higher limits? Any suggestions? I think I have to many Inquiries to try for cc's. As you can see I only have 2 accts more then 6 mths old. E!

Let the cake bake. You got a ton of EQ inquiries. Lucky you.
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

i am going to call ex and tu to see if they will convert my inquiries to eq inquiries...
Message 3 of 10
Eric958
Established Contributor

Why do you say lucky you?

Never Give Up!!
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Because none of us seem to get EQ inq's just EX.

It must have something to do with where you live.

Eric958 wrote:
Why do you say lucky you?

Message 5 of 10
Eric958
Established Contributor

Well I live in VA and it seems that's all they pull.

Never Give Up!!
Message 6 of 10
fused
Moderator Emeritus

For the last several weeks it has been rumored consumers with subprime CCs reporting on their CRs will see their FICO scores plummet once FICO'S new and improved scoring model debuts this September. JUST IN, THIS IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN! So what will the new FICO scoring model do? Simply put, a better job of predicting subprime and prime risk than earlier versions of FICO scoring models. That's it!
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

fused111 wrote:
For the last several weeks it has been rumored consumers with subprime CCs reporting on their CRs will see their FICO scores plummet once FICO'S new and improved scoring model debuts this September. JUST IN, THIS IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN! So what will the new FICO scoring model do? Simply put, a better job of predicting subprime and prime risk than earlier versions of FICO scoring models. That's it!

Thanks for this info! Smiley Happy
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@fused111 wrote:
For the last several weeks it has been rumored consumers with subprime CCs reporting on their CRs will see their FICO scores plummet once FICO'S new and improved scoring model debuts this September. JUST IN, THIS IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN! So what will the new FICO scoring model do? Simply put, a better job of predicting subprime and prime risk than earlier versions of FICO scoring models. That's it!

Cool. Like some others I had doubts that FICO could accomplish a logical separation of prime and subprime, given the sheer number of cards and endless combinations of APR, CL, and fees.

I know the information about FICO penalizing subprime CCs came from a video mentioned in another thread. Where did the update come from that said this is not going to happen?
Message 9 of 10
fused
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@fused111 wrote:
For the last several weeks it has been rumored consumers with subprime CCs reporting on their CRs will see their FICO scores plummet once FICO'S new and improved scoring model debuts this September. JUST IN, THIS IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN! So what will the new FICO scoring model do? Simply put, a better job of predicting subprime and prime risk than earlier versions of FICO scoring models. That's it!

Cool. Like some others I had doubts that FICO could accomplish a logical separation of prime and subprime, given the sheer number of cards and endless combinations of APR, CL, and fees.

I know the information about FICO penalizing subprime CCs came from a video mentioned in another thread. Where did the update come from that said this is not going to happen?

The Big Kahuna, Barry!
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.